Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let The Games Begin...

Barack Obama on Tuesday lashed out at Geraldine Ferraro, a prominent Hillary Clinton supporter who says Obama has been helped politically by his race. The former Democratic vice presidential candidate responded that she stands by her remarks.

Ferraro first made the controversial remarks to the Los Angeles-area newspaper The Daily Breeze last week, saying Obama would not be enjoying such positive media attention if he were white.

“If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position,� Ferraro said during an assessment of Obama’s treatment by the press that she attributes to an infatuation with the racial implications of his candidacy.

“And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept.�

Ferraro added that Clinton has suffered from a “sexist media.�

Obama labeled the comments as “patently absurd� after his campaign demanded Ferraro leave her post on Clinton’s finance committee. The Democratic presidential candidate told the Allentown Morning Call Tuesday: “I don’t think that Geraldine Ferraro’s comments have any place in our politics or the Democratic Party … I think they were divisive.�

He added: “I think that anybody who understands the history of this country knows they are patently absurd. I would expect that the same way those comments don’t have a place in my campaign, they shouldn’t have a place in Senator Clinton’s.�

Ferraro told FOX News Tuesday that she’s “sorry that people thought it was racist.� But she quickly turned the tables on Obama, claiming his supporters are too eager to cry race when faced with criticism.

“What I find is offensive is every time anybody says something about the campaign, you’re accused of being racist,� she said.

Clinton said in Pennsylvania Tuesday that she doesn’t agree with Ferraro’s remarks, but did not say anything about removing her from the campaign.

“I think it’s important we stay focused on the issues that matter to the American people. Both of us have had supporters and staff that have gone over the line and we’ve both had to rein them in,� she said.

The Clinton campaign also released a statement accusing Obama of trying to renege on an apparent pledge to leave the race issue alone.

“We reject these false, personal and politically calculated attacks on the eve of a primary,� said campaign manager Maggie Williams.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...backer-who-said-media-coverage-is-race-based/ MOTHER OF GOD, WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION!!!

I'm pretty sure Hulk Hogan ran in through the side door, picked me
up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over
and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal
position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on
fire, testicles nowhere to be found, with my left arm tucked under my body in
the oddest position, and tingling in my legs!
The cat was standing over me making meowing sounds I had never heard
before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking to herself, 'Do it again,
stupid, do it again!'

Note: If you ever feel compelled to 'mug' yourself with a taser, one
note of caution: there is no such thing as a one-second burst when you
zap yourself! You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged
from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor.
A three-second burst would be considered conservative.

SON-OF-A-*%#... That hurt like **% !!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing
at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and
surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of
the fireplace. How did they get up there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain,
and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs.

I'm still looking for my testicles! I'm offering a significant reward
for their safe return!!

P. S. My wife loved the gift, and now regularly threatens me with it!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
That is the first intelligent thing I have ever heard Geraldine say! The sad thing is she is right on the money, although I think the media is harder on Hillary because she is a Clinton then they are because she is a woman.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts