Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally finished a project that completes the conversion of the Wildthing, into it's full duck hunting potential.

I pretty much exclusively hunt the Nisqually flats. I use my big boat as a mothership for the landing craft. This year we purchased two of the new rotomolded marshrats so now I had to figure out how to transport three marshrats to the hunting spot.

Here are some pictures of the cradle that I built and how we convert the big boat into duck huniting mode.
For those who use thier boat for multipurpuse I thought this might give you some ideas.

enjoy

Here is the cradle with just one (the heavy fiberglass one goes in first) I pull it up over the side

I attached it with bolts under the railing so it is not going anywhere.

Then I tilt the first one on it's side

Then put in the bracket on both side that will hold the next two

With two loaded up

Now with the third loaded on

Ready for the duck killing adventure to begin. We are now ready to move about Puget Sound.

Hope it inspired some ideas, enjoy!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Went out yesterday and it worked like a charm. Those boats didn't even wiggle!

We went to the Nisqually and got there by noon. It was such a blue bird day that not much was flying, but I managed a drake pintail, and a drake mallard. My two boys got some shots in but couldn't connect.

Nice day out there though!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Very cool! Tup: I've got a few duck boat projects lined up for the off season... I might have to add that one to the list.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Cool thing about this is that I will be able to unbolt it from the boat and rebolt it to a couple of appropriately placed and trimmed 4x4s that are put in the ground (add the ******* touch of a blue tarp) and storage for the off season is set! :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts