Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my background, Weyerhaeuser Wildlife manager, Licensed Professional hunter in Africa, licensed Outfitter and wildlife manager in Africa, a one time licensed guide in Alaska. Folks could mistake that background for already knowing most of the things a guy would need for hunting. Yet I leaern so much from this little site with this very small forum.

It's an incredible resource to have all of you here visiting and sharing with the kindness and understanding that you do. I often feel a bit awkward with some of the things that a guy should seem to know. When I decided a dog was in my future, so many of you helpd with comments, feedback, and PM's to get my mind straight. When I was shopping for my double many of you added feedback and guidance, most recently I have been trying to sort out shotshells and chokes for my hunting conditions.

This forum is a wealth of experienced folks with very diverse backgrounds. I for one am glad to be part of this. I'm also proud that there is no petty bickering and other crap here........ maybe cause I'll just delete it, but I prefer to believe that it's because we care about the forum and want to help people more then belittle the question they ask.

There is also a few instances where sombody has posted a wierd or questionable thread. It's only a few posts before somebody see's through the BS and calls the poster on his non-sense. There have only been a few of these on this site.

Anyway, Thanks for all the feedback and the help. If you're able to give me this wealth of guidance here I can only imagine what help must be gained by much younger guys without as much experience.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well said JJHACK and thank you for your time and input, you and a few others keeps me coming back for the stories and valuable information!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hear, hear! I actually come here first most of the year (especially during hunting season) Tup: There are a great group of folks here in this little corner of the site. I know i've learn a TON here everyday. Thanks to all! and thanks JJHack for all the time you spend working on this fourm clap:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hear, Hear! clap:

I am amazed by the nature of my fellow GFs on this site. Recently I was invited to hunt snow geese with a fellow GF. My wife couldn't believe that I was heading out to meet somebody from the internet with loaded guns. I didn't know if we would "gel" and want to hunt again, but was fairly at ease heading out to meet a GF from Feathers and Fur. I can say that I do have another hunting buddy in my waterfowling circle. Thanks to all who have contributed to my hunting successes.

One more weekend for waterfowl, hit em hard!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts