Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bestbait is clams. they are easy to find, very low in price and salmon and other fish love the taste. try it out sometime! wink:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
catlover414 said:
the bestbait is clams. they are easy to find, very low in price and salmon and other fish love the taste. try it out sometime! wink:
how do you fish them for salmon?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I don't know about up here in the northwest, but down south I use freshwater mussels for catfish. They work great. Spend the morning digging up a few gallons and opening them up. By the late afternoon your ready to go. I have also used clams for crab bait.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fish Boy said:
catlover414 said:
how do you fish them for salmon?
i dont know! but i heard that they work! :oops:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
believe it or not i have a buddy that uses clam necks for steelies and does really well.{ he tips his jigs and drift fishes them } i have never tried it but i have seen the damage he has done on them. i guess you never know until you try.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I think clams are pretty tough. They seem to work really well for surf perch, mainly because they stay on the hook well, unlike sandshrimp. I do prefer eating them, though, following the recipe for the clam sauce in the cooking forums.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Big Worm said:
Here in the NW- shrimp IMO. A marshmallow with a piece of shrimp will even land trout out of a lake.
Microwaved salad shrimp is one of my all time favorite trout baits!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Bobber and a small steamer clam for resident silver in the sound works awesome along the beaches. I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I haven't done it in WA...just FL. I am very cautious of the rules and regs. In FL it is legal and there is no max limit. They are just a nuisence to most lakes and rivers in FL, there is lots of them everywhere.

·
Registered
166 Posts
YellowFever said:
Microwaved salad shrimp is one of my all time favorite trout baits!
OK, now I am beginning to wonder if you guys are telling the truth here... Microwave salad shrimp?????? Of course if you told me marshmallows I would have laughed too but this would take the cake :eek:. Well, I guess I could bring some lettuce and dressing and if all else fails, I would have lunch....

Makes me think about that kitchen sink spoon thread.... Catch a couple of nice fish mooching with herring..... Stick a lure in its mouth (something BF ugly) and claim I had two hits on consecutive passes.... went home at 8:00 AM.... Keeps everybody fishing the wrong lure :evil: Better yet, buy up the ugliest lures on clearance at Outdoor Emporium $2.... Use those and then sell them back at only $6 ;) Bhahahahahahahahahaha

Oh sorry.... that was the evil side of my personality....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts