Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and i as well as the other members of the ESSC would like to thank all the folks who brought their kids to try and catch a fish at the trout pond.There was some nice trout in there this year and boy were they feisty.Not sure if any Gamefishers brought their kids by but at the end of our 4 hour shift the wife and i were beat.I must say that most of the fish that my people caught were released back into the pond.I really did encourage the kids to be good stewards and release the fish.Some wanted to keep them and i understood that.The 10lb.er still was swimming at the end of sunday though.Also the ESSC has some real cool events planned for the kids coming up so please check the ESSC calender on the website.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That's awesome! We live just up the hill, but couldn't make it this year :cry:

Just out of curiosity, how many 'floaters' were there at the end of the day or the next day? Just curious about the C&R survival rate.

What do you do with the left over fish?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Thank you for being part of it John. My son and I stopped by on Friday evening. We were there right at closing so the pond was pretty much all ours. My son went 5 for 8. :D

The pond seemed a bit smaller this year. Was it just me or was this true?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know there were a few that were sunk to the bottom of the pond but most were released ok.There were times when the kids would flail the rods and the fish would be yanked out of the water and hit the floor but most were ok.Rule was if it hit the floor the kid kept it and it would be bonked.Two fish limit. .I would say i saw 2 on the bottom of the pond on my side.Cant say from the other sides as the two aerators in the middle was really stirring the pond up and the fish were poling around that
I;m not sure what the fish outcome is but the ESSC could answer that.There are some ESSC kids fishing events coming up so they might be used to stock the ponds for those.I know Silver lake is coming up as well as Jennings ponds in Marysville.Not sure of the pond size as this was our first time.The kids had a blast.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The left over fish should have been put into Lake tye. I would like to thank the people and kids that showed up. Watching the kids fish is always encouraging to see. I would truly like to thank the volunteers that make this all happen. From the set up and tear down and all those shifts in between, it takes hard work and dedication to make this event a success.Only through such strong commitments with all of the other clubs could this event be what it is. It is events like this that make me proud to be a member of The Everett Steelhead and Salmon Club.

Thank You,

David Montoya-President of The Everett Steelhead and Salmon Club

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks to those that worked the show on Saturday. My daughter's first fish was a moment we'll always remember. She had to bring it home to show mom. Too bad it only took 15 seconds to get the fish to bite. Now she thinks fishing is easy.
Craig

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts