Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to thank Dr. Hook, George Holthe of St. Croix and all of Gamefishin.com!

Just got the rod today and dang its a nice one. I cant wait to break it in and have the cork smelling like fish. Any good recommendations on a spinning reel suitable for this rod? I was thinking of a stradic or a symetre, other choices?

Thanks again GAMEFISHIN!

here's the picture that got me this rod:

and the rod:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
Congrates! That is one superb photo. It really states what NW fishing is all about in its finest setting.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Grats! That looks like a snack in your picture! Get yourself a nice Daiwa Steez or Shimano Stella to put on it. Think about it, you were going to spend $150 for the reel, and the rod costs $200, but since the rod was free, you can spend more on a reel!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Robert, that truely is an awesome photo and I'll second what bigworm said. It just screams, "Fishing in the Northwest."
clap: clap: clap:

·
Registered
535 Posts
COngrats on the rod. I would like to think that me and Cmess helped you out on those fish by scaring them away from our gear and onto yours. haha Great picture!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I loved that picture. It would look great framed! Congrats. clap:

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Shimano stradic, Diawa , SOL, or feugo.... congrats on the win!!! That was my pick!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am leaning towards the stradic 4000, i really want to try out this set-up on some steelhead and maybe a king or two.

cmessling & olybear, will i see you guys again on that river during the chum run?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
How are those new stradics? The ones I played around with kind of stunk....

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
madcapmag said:
How are those new stradics? The ones I played around with kind of stunk....
I returned my new Stradic and bought a new Daiwa SOL and I love it, its a great reel.

Your welcome Robert, I'm glad you like the rod. That was a awesome picture. Tup:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Robert said:
i am leaning towards the stradic 4000, i really want to try out this set-up on some steelhead and maybe a king or two.

cmessling & olybear, will i see you guys again on that river during the chum run?
the 4000 size sounds kinda large for that rod. if it was me, I would go one size smaller.

btw I too have seen some recent negative feedback regarding the new stradics. bail not opening/closing smoothly etc.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts