Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm more of a lurker than an active participater on this site, but thought I would take a moment and thank the guy that let my buddy borrow the net on the Nooch yesterday. You were right at the diversion dam, my buddy and I were fishing a little pocket a ways down from you.

If you are reading this then thank you, there was no way we could have landed that fish otherwise. I usually don't fish with a net and can almost always tail a fish, but the water against the bank was a couple of feet deep and this fish was big. The camera batteries were dead also so no pic. The fish was a hatchery buck that weighed in at 18#. My biggest steelie yet. It fought more like a King, slow and strong, no sizzling runs but I didn't feel like the one in control until he was in the net.

The fishing seemed pretty slow other than the one fish.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome Angler77
Youve just joined the best damn fishing site on the web. Cool report and lucky that guy was there. I hope it was a GFer.
On another note. Dont feel bad I think we're all guilty of leaving the net in the car because its bulky,and sometimes not used at all. I've finally gotten into the habit of bringing it along regardless because you never know when you may need it the most.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I like to leave the net in the car. It seems that whenever I have it on me, I don't need it. If I'm on the bank with a buddy, one or the other of us can always run up and get it if need be. What really sucks is when you're out on a boat and leave the net in the car...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Things did work out well for me, come to think of it this isn't the first time I've borrowed a net on the river. Maybe I should start carrying mine. Another interesting thing about the day is that a little upstream of the diversion dam was the remnants of a sturgeon that was clearly filleted on the river. I'd say it was somewhere between 40" and 50". This is the second time I've seen a sturgeon carcass on this stretch of river. Seems a bit sketchy to me to say the least.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kudo's on finding the nice steelie. Tup:

Forgot the net huh......that's one of my all-time best recipe's for success. Forget the net AND forget the camara and your almost assured of catching something real nice - practically a slam dunk........only problem is, you just can't do it intentionally......believe me I've tried it wink:

·
Registered
377 Posts
That happened to me and two buddies this year on the snohomish for silvers, and we also were helped out by fellow anglers. Couldn't thank them enough for saving us the trouble. Have not forgot the net since.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Last year at Rufus Woods when I hooked that 13 pound triploid I didn’t have my net either. Not only did the guy next to us let us use his net but he took a couple pictures too and e-mailed them to me later.

There are still some good guys out there, even in that combat fishing scenario.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well one option could be;

chehalis is open yr-round for 1 sturgeon (in 42-60" slot.) Someone could bag one & then go up to the nooch for some steelie action & opt to dump the carcass up there (let the nutrients flow down.) :idea:

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
the only problum is that you can not clean a sturgeon at the river- any fish which has a size limet , same thing with a salmon.
somebody is being a bad boy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts