Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Breaking news over here is that it is being reported that the police may have bugged conversations between solicitors and their clients whilst the accused guys were on remand in jail. If this turns out to be true then the courts will free all those murderers/rapists/bombers/bug6erboys. Over here talks between solicitors and clients should not be bugged and this is enshrined in our laws.

Well the only piece of good news is that the jails will not be so crowded.

Heads will roll over this if it turns out to be true.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
While not quite as bad as the situation you describe, The Washington State Crime lab got caught phonying lab results which will probably result in several thousand drunk driving charges being dropped. Ah the pleasantries of the justice system at work!

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
OY! :eek:

·
Banned
661 Posts
TRAUT said:
While not quite as bad as the situation you describe, The Washington State Crime lab got caught phonying lab results which will probably result in several thousand drunk driving charges being dropped. Ah the pleasantries of the justice system at work!
Not quite how I interpreted it. I was under the impression that the BAC/Breathalyzer evidence might not be admissable but not necessarily dismissing charges. If a cop says you were impaired,well...
In the situations I found myself in, (long time ago in a jurisdiciton far far away)I took the most sensible route. Refused the field sobriety as well as the complimentary in house 'tube test', made a pillow of my jacket and called an attorney in the morning. Expensive? Comparable to if not beneficial considering the return of a driver's license within 2 weeks for refusal of the implied consent.
Sir John, illegal bugging is nothing new in the USofA. The FBI been doing it for years...COINTELPRO. Embrace the Red,White and Blue Reich!
Back on topic: Beep!

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zach it is part and parcel of the same inquiry. If it is true it could lead to the downfall of the gov minister in charge of prisons ( even if he knew nothing about it. ) if all those folk are freed it could lead to the downfall of the gov as they will have been deemed as losing the confidence of the people.

The folk being charged were not running about the street but in prison awaiting trial. If some idiot has trampled on our laws then watch out for sparks flying this week.

The judges will have no choice but to free these folk. Then the gov will have to pay them compensation for unlawfully locking them up. Sickening is it not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts