Game Fishing Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Im looking at a 2008 Suzuki 175 has 500 hours on it.. should i be concerned about this issue?
Given all of the information presented as well as links to other sites the real question should be "Why wouldn't you be concerned about this issue?" (And the perception that overall warranty coverage is functionally meaningless?)

·
Registered
379 Posts
After endless hours of searching the net i have come to the conclusion that only DF 90/100/115/140 motors manufactured before 2008 are effected.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Boat ownership is a blessing! C&I take immaculate care of our fishing equipment and, after many years of faithful service, finally turned in the old Merc Force for an offshore competitor, the Suzuki 4-stroke 90 hp. Talk about feeling like we were on cloud 9 - the motor started up like a dream and quietly purred.. We finally thought we had found a source of power that would take us many places long into our retirement. But, 5 years - and only 350 hrs of use - later our sweet Suzuki succumbed to the much www discussed internal exhaust passage corrosion. Now we are faced with a $2,000 to $2,500 repair bill because of poor engineering. The saddest part of this story? No recall, no efforts to make good. Suzuki â€" unlike other competitors when faced with engineering flaws â€" has refused to own up to any responsibility, instead choosing to lay all the burden of hefty repairs upon the people who trusted them the most: their customers. Suzuki has continuously snubbed their noses at the consumers who pad their pockets. It is our understanding that there is currently a class action lawsuit. What an unfortunate name they have made for themselves!

Here is a link to a post with technical info & pics to illustrate:
IMPORTANT SERVICE INFO!!! CALLING ALL SUZUKI OWNERS!!!
I just got a 26 ft raider ask addition with twin 08 150 4 stroke ran fine for 10 trio the all of a Sund one died then the others I had strait water in the rayco fillters changed them them added fuel n heat one fired up n the other never did. Then died about 30 min later. N wouldn't start. The shop here won't give me a quote so I guess iam going to pump the tank n figure out how to flush fuel rails only 360 hours on them. Ran great up till a few weeks ago. Any ideas! Plz. They seemed like great motors nice n quite very fuel efficient n got up n moved when I wanted to usually kept it at 37 knots. 4-5 galling per motor a hour. Any suggestions or ideas would greatly be helpful I spent 100k by the time it got to Alaska. Thanks fir you're time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Suzuki DF 225TX with 598 hours on it and the warranty expired in Dec. While heading out to fish the Homer winter derby last week the engine through a rod and punched 2 holes in the block. All required service had been preformed and I never had any problems until then.
Suzuki denied me any good faith help and now I’m on the hook for all the repairs.my advice is never buy a Suzuki.
Anybody know about any class actions against Suzuki.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts