Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd test out the new board with this little report.

Fortunately the weatherman was wrong about the wind and when it was dead calm this morning, I hit the lower sky near Monroe. I know most of the brats are up near reiter but I don't like fishing in combat zones and thought I'd try to intercept one or two closer to home.

Really nice morning and I had a long drift all to myself. Fished about 3 hours and released a not-so-dark chum (were they late this year on the sky?).

Finally nailed this bright little hen while bouncing corky and eggs. I wouldn't normally post about a 7 lb brat but thought some of you might like to see that you can catch 'm well below the terminal areas.

She gave me nice batch of eggs to boot.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Nice Steelie :) (where's the thumbs up )

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Nice job. I agree getting away and finding your own hole and covering water is a lot of fun. Great job. Tup:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Way to go. And thanx for the report. I don't like combat fishing either. I may catch a few less fish than others, but I enjoy my time alone when I can. Or at least not elbow to elbow.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

Hey gonefishin,
You said "I may catch a few less fish than others, but I enjoy my time alone when I can."

Same here. I'd rather catch one while I'm alone than catch 3 or 4 while worrying that someone will low hole me or nab my spot while I go take a leak.

·
Registered
611 Posts
1 caught away from the crowd is as good as 10 at a hatchery. Good job

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Lol, Salmonfinder likes to bring out old posts....this one is three years old, the Sky was still open then :lol: :?

·
Banned
2,698 Posts
it wasnt on DEC 16 2007... SF, find something to do, besides resurecting dead goats.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
Nice job. I agree getting away and finding your own hole and covering water is a lot of fun. Great job. Tup:
nice fish! you can do that, or call your buddy and have him take you to his secret hole and you get the fish!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts