Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the horrible Seahawks' game yesterday, I needed to do something to improve my mood. Dad and I decided to hit the Green for some winter steel. Started fishing at Flaming Geyser at 7:30. I was the first one to make a cast at my favorite stretch of water. The river looked great. The clear water called for a nightmare pattern jig. Fished for about fifteen minutes until dad showed up, between us, we threw various jigs, spoons, drift gear, pink worms, etc and never had a bite. Had similar results at another hole I like in the park.

Decided we were both hungry so we were going to get some food and try Palmer. I hadn't fished Palmer for a few years and upon arrival, the water still looked great. A few people were already fishing, but there was plenty of room. Unfortunately, we had the same results. Not only that, but we never saw anyone else touch a fish all day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
and to think i was about to go out this morning to same spot, but at least it was a nice, dry(for the most part) day Tup: and thats always a good thing this time of year!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Any Day out on the Green is a good Day. Thanks JacobF for the report. "TRAPPER"

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
We had the same results on the Green by FG today too Jacob, but we didn't see you guys so we must have been in a different area...

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
I fished it also today released a 8lb-9lb native buck upstream from the trapper shack plunking.Water was colored up good with about 1-2 ft of visibility and clearing I fished from 1st light till noon.Sorry no pic, did a quick release job.Here's a pic of the terminal end of things

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Well let me add my 2 cents. Started at the Carbody Hole at 7:00 and fished till 9:00 50/50 Dick Nite and pink Areo Fly with prawn not a bump. river was at 1800 fps. and 55.75 on the gage vis. was about a foot. Drove up to Metzler Park visibility was a lot better 2' to 3' and fished till 12:00 float and jig ( pink/white )with prawn 50/50 Dick Nite. 6 folks at Metzler when I got there 2 when I left no fish caught no rollers saw 6 drift boats and 1 pontoon same story with them. Weather was way to nice for the fish to be on the bite It has to be 35 and raining sideways but pretty day on the river like Trapper said.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got to Geyser a little after 7:00. Heard a large splash before I could get my line wet, but did not have any real touches either (bobber did go down once, but did not stick, so probably a little trout or a rock). Only fished a total of two hours, due to the football games. About 7 guys fishing the same hole and no one had anything by 9:15 when I left. Heard there was a lone hatchery fish taken out later that morning a little further up the park. Good luck, sounds like plunking in Kent and the Duwamish is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
SeaRanger21 said:
Here's a pic of the terminal end of things
Love those close ups, I'm going to start using Two Red Beads above the eggs like you. Hot looking Setup, Searanger21. Tup: "TRAPPER"

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
I had to go fishing yesterday, afterall, it was perfect weather and with the reports I've heard from the Green, I thought I'd give it a try down in Auburn. I started out fishing off the neightborhood upstream from the golf course and had 3 takedowns in a row but missed all of them. About 15 minutes later, bobber down and hooked a pretty nice fish that thrashed around a couple times and let go making me duck my soaring jig before it hit me in the head. I cussed and threw it back out with no more takedowns. I moved down to Trapper's "y" hole..there wasn't anyone fishing it. I fished the jig about an hour without any biz, so I went back up to the original hole but didn't hook any. A beautiful day to say the least. Seems like there's fish in the lower system right now...go get 'um.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts