Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Usually in May and June I'm getting my Mustang ready for summer driving and as far as fishing goes, putting around on Lake Stevens for Kokanee. I'm clueless when it comes to the "season" and what's happening in these months. Just a slow fishing time for me.
My work is trying to kick off our summer season with a guided or chartered trip for a day with our suppliers. The great thing is, the suppliers are picking up the tab. Tup: The only restriction to this is it must be local to the Puget Sound area and must accommodate 6 or so people. Just getting out is going to be great but catching fish would be nice wink:

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks! Tup:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Blind fold them, tell them you're going to drive around in circles to keep your spots secret, but in reality, drive them out to Neah Bay for bottomfish. wink:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
To bad it has to be local. That time of year is unbelievable sturgeon fishing out near Astoria. Easy and lots of fun and action. Tup:

Wherever you go it will be a blast.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Best bang for the buck would be Sturgeon in the Lower Columbia. Usually nice weather and plenty of fish, that time of year 20+ fish days are common when you are into them.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Lower Columbia Sturgeon. I'll be there after coming back from Alaska after the 15th of June.

And I'm sure I'll catch more fish on the Columbia than I do in AK.

oldguy

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Lots of Shad in the Columbia around that time. It can be a really fun and action packed fishing experience.

GordyGroover is the local expert and can put you right on some fish...

·
Premium Member
4,233 Posts
This is some great information. Too bad little of it pertains to the Puget Sound area as requested.

Maybe we should post a Washington State map in this thread.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Salmon University may have some trips available, or maybe Bill Dever, not sure of his charter name. Those are a couple of Puget Sound charter options.Am I not allowed to mention a certain university for salmon fishing?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
reelinanrockin said:
local as in Barkley sound ?
That would be great RR, but we're talking more like Blakely, not Barkley :mrgreen:

Big_Daddy said:
Give me a call.

If my schedule doesn't allow, I can put you in touch with some other quality local charters.
Thanks, B_D. PM sent.

I tried getting them to go for springers or Sturgeon on the big C but it has to be a day trip. I'm freshwater oriented so I don't pay much attention to the marine areas or what is open. I'll still push for a trip to the big C but I don't think all involved can do that.

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
I say give Big Daddy a call!! Tup:

Big_Daddy said:
Give me a call.

If my schedule doesn't allow, I can put you in touch with some other quality local charters.

·
Registered
875 Posts
You ought to get ahold of me and let me put u into some MONSTER LINGCOD!!! Last year "miss conduct" put one in the boat over 20lbs each [email protected]!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts