Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see this BS?

http://www.komotv.com/news/16178002.html

How stupid are these people. They don't like these houses being built as they are bad for the environment, yet they burn them and release all those chemicals into the air??? I wonder where these ELF people live, tents , clay houses??? I mean come on I am sure they live in a house made out of wood as well,lol.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Agreed! Pretty stupid way to protest. Now they will have to rebuild and use more resources to replace the burned our units. Same things with the ethanol stuff. They are using a lot of dirty, harmful practices to make fuel that is much less efficient than oil. It's really silly.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
The best part is these were some of the most evironmentally friendly AWARD winning homes in regard to their ecologically focused designs and use of recycled materials.

Quote from the KOMOTV website:

"The homes used "Built Green" standards such as water-pervious sidewalks, super-insulated walls and windows and products made with recycled materials, such carpet pads.

"Our house on every level, all the way through right down to the knobs on the cabinets, had sustainable recycled products in it," Lundberg said.

Advertising for last summer's Street of Dreams show focused on the environmentally friendly aspects of the homes, which were smaller than some of the huge houses featured in years past.

"It's very disappointing to take a situation where we're tying to promote good building practices - Built Green practices - and that it's destroyed. It's extremely disappointing. I don't understand the logic in that," said Doug Barnes, the Northwest division president of Centex Homes in Kirkland and the immediate past president of the Master Builders Association of King & Snohomish Counties. He was a judge at the 2007 Street of Dreams. "

COMPLETE IDIOTS!!
Thank goodness these f'n idiots didn't kill anyone!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
I sure hope they catch the perpetrators. Then they can see how environmentally friendly prison is for the next 20 years.

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
Didn't''t they torch an upscale neighborhood of new homes and a Hummer dealership down in California a couple years back. Doesn't make any sense. They pollute the environment and destroy private property which only drives up prices and creates more jobs and or job security to rebuild what they destroy. conf:

I agree, the authorities need to make examples out of these nuts... Tup:

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
It doesn't make sense at all. I'm sure Todd Parmenter of Parmenter Homes will be back there building a new dream home soon.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
uwhuskytb said:
Anyone else see this BS?

How stupid are these people. They don't like these houses being built as they are bad for the environment, yet they burn them and release all those chemicals into the air??? I wonder where these ELF people live, tents , clay houses??? I mean come on I am sure they live in a house made out of wood as well,lol.
That is exactly what I was thinking when I saw it on the news this morning. These guys are retarded.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I was watching some Mike Rowe thing on some people in WA making homes out of mud, manure, and straw. Guess it holds up in the rain. A lot of these nutjobs love talking the talk, but when it really comes to walking it THEMSELVES, they aren't there. Its like some evangelicals who preach their ways and show us they aren't ready to follow it themselves.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
There have been a ton of Arsons in the greater Seattle area on new construction projects. "eco terrorism" makes no sense! Builders will just re-build and twice the resources are used. I really wish they would crack down harder on those caught!

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Are we CERTAIN that the ELF did this? Houses in excess of $1M that have sat on this tough market for several months may be great candidates for insurance fraud. I'm no fan of the ELF but until it is proven or there has been a claim of responsibility, I will reserve judgement.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Nope, no proof as of yet it was in fact ELF.
Eco terrorism is a lot different than arson..........whole new set of laws and punishment.
Makes no sense at all.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Are we CERTAIN that the ELF did this? Houses in excess of $1M that have sat on this tough market for several months may be great candidates for insurance fraud. I'm no fan of the ELF but until it is proven or there has been a claim of responsibility, I will reserve judgement.
Even in hot markets million dollar homes can sit for several months to more than a year before closing. However, these types of homes are not affected like the majority of residential real estate when slow downs occur because the people that can afford them buy regardless. Furthermore, one of the homes that was burned was scheduled to close shorty. A short Google of Yarrow Bay Development LLC shows that there are plenty of people not very happy with some of Yarrow's land aquisitions and it wouldn't surprise me at all in the coming days that some sort of "eco terrorism" is determined to be the culprit. The ELF crowd isn't the sharpest of tools, remember they fire bombed a facility at the UW a few years ago because they thought that trees were being genetically engineered. Also the use of detonators to start the fires would indicate a more professional approach than just a "fire bug" with a can of gas.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
eddie on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:07 pm
I dunno Eddie but the large sheet hung on the trees behind the house wit ELF painted on it might be a clue?!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I thought the same thing Eddie did. The sheet means nothing. I saw a guy on FOX news that
was an eco terror expert say that since a FBI investigation netted the arrests of 19 members
of ELF, that there hadn't been anymore crimes attributed to that group. I have to wonder how
the explosive devises got in the houses. Where there no locks on the doors?

Still, in light of what DBA said.... It wouldn't make sense to burn a house that was already
close to being bought if it was an inside job.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
eddie makes a good point

my 1st thought when i heard the news yesterday was that the builder must be happy,,,,,,he just sold 5 houses in one day

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
...the large sheet hung on the trees behind the house wit ELF painted on it might be a clue?!
What if the sign was painted with "Young Conservatives of Bellevue" instead OB? :?

Would you still think it was a clue? wink:

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Webo said:
...the large sheet hung on the trees behind the house wit ELF painted on it might be a clue?!
What if the sign was painted with "Young Conservatives of Bellevue" instead OB? :?

Would you still think it was a clue? wink:
The "YCOB " would have used a 100% man made synthetic sheet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts