Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any counter top guys out there?
I am ready for counters in the new kitchen.
I live in milton area

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
We went with Quartz and love it. No sealing or fuss. Just put it on and forget about it.

Im not sure who we went through for it, we just bought it in a kitchen package from Lowe's.

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
I ended up going with Precision Granite out of Kent, across the street from the Boeing Surpluss Store. Fast and excellent install, from template to install was only 10 days.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I also went with Quartz, no sealing and non-porous so you don't have to worry about stains if not sealed every six months. I shopped Lowes, Home Depot, and Superior Cabinets in Tukwila.

They all use the same supplier in Tacoma, I purchased direct through them and saved $2800~! They included a stone under counter sink.

Quartz is rated #1 in consumer reports too.

Give them a call, check out there web site: http://www.contourcountertops.com/

Ask for Pat, tell him Martinez recommend them.

They're the #1 suppliers in the Northwest and I recommend them they did an exllent job installing.

Marti

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input and I will be going with the quartz.
and thank you marti for the link and I will use your name.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
i work for a stone company in oly and if u want something that looks good and will last forever go with real stone. quartz is just plain and ugly and it all looks the same since it is man made. stone u only seal once a year and if you get the stuff that has ressin from the factory u really never have to seal it just clean it. if u have any questions just ask. been doing it for 3 and a half years and if i dont know it then i can get you an answer from a buddy. we work with both nat and quartz so i am not biased i just dont like the look of it compared to most nat stones out there

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
BTW this goes to others looking at new counter tops/ dont go for quartz. all man made and does not last as long as granite. might cost a little less when u go quartz but the quality, colors and life just arent as good as the nat stuff. only thing it has going for it is less keep in the short run till u have to replace it again

·
Registered
423 Posts
Stone is 93% stone. 7% resin, and I personally like the look better than quartz, remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
This is like Chevy and Ford everyone has their preferences. Countour Counter tops carry both Granite and Quarz, they recomended quartz, also less likely to chip or crack, and quartz can be repaired.

My 2 cents.
Marti

1 - 8 of 8 Posts