Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost a Yamaha 9.9 kicker in Kent last night. S/N 470095. Easy to recognize. Half the word Yamaha has been painted over on one side..also quick disconnect battery cables. BAd guys cut the bolts and "safety" cable. Please if you are in the market and see this, do not buy it. Note the house or car info and just say thanks, walk away and call the cops. It has been reported to Kent police. Thanks

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Sorry to hear that :evil:

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I am sorry to hear that too. That sucks. :x :evil:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mitch, I saw those too. For more details. mid 1990's high thrust, long shft, electric start, catches big salmon.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
That sucks, there is a lot of us with the same story over the years. It seams about this time every year the thieves come through here and steal a bunch of motors. Cops told me most go to Alaska and end up in fishing villages. I gave up on motor locks and last time I got an electric start with the controls in the cabin. A kicker with no pull chord or throttle control isn't very attractive to steal. I also flattened the bolts down onto the nuts. the only way to get it off is cut it. This just takes to long for them to mess with.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
You don't even have to flatten the bolts just give the threads a couple of bangs with a hammer so that they are unable to take the nuts off.

Sorry about your loss.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Fishouttaluck said:
catches big salmon.
You might not get it back telling some of the crackers around here that :lol: ! Seriously though I know how you feel it really sucks I had one stolen about 4 years ago that I never even got to use. They need to start making these kicker motors with built in onstar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts