Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new stereo for my Northriver (Kenwood 232MR). Anyway -I am still trying to decide wether to do an in dash style mount under my glove box. Or do an above dash mount with one of the waterproof / removable housings. If I do the in dash method, how necessary is it to have the flip protective cover? Also, is it necessary to get one of the Galaxy style Shakespeare antennae's or is the cheaper Centennial OK?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I personally do not like the flip cover. If you have it on one way, it breaks, the other it flops around all the time and then breaks. I recommend a good waterproof stereo like the polyplanar ones

·
Registered
82 Posts
I installed my cheapo Kraco inside of my glove box. Buy the polycone speakers so it won't be a problem when washing the boat.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just put a stereo in my boat and opted for a vhf/am/fm signal splitter made by Shakespeare. - Haven't yet used it on the water, but I can pick up vessel traffic and Port Angeles Coastguard pretty well from my driveway in Issaquah facing South East away from the water.
This allows use of the Vhf Antenna for your stereo. It was $34.00.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts