Game Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
I`ll work on down sizing the boat pic. Please note the sig at the bottom though, it`s about to start anew, and I`m planning on a long, hot summer here at Game Fishing . com.

My point with the pics, I`m a fish killer, and eater, I`ll continue both and feel no guilt, even when the killing is easy and the rewards are great.

None of these fish survived. They never had a chance at spawning.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Nice video fishing addict. Music even an old guy can like. The first sequence really hit home, looks like you were up in a tree over the hole, the reaction of the steelies to your gear, priceless. Thanks. Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Not really sure what state you guys are fishing these wild steelhead in, but don't you think that many of the wild fish guys who used to target them (wild steelhead) have figured out that it's probably time to stop, or at the very least, cut back on targeting them? I read a thread over at PP today, and I was shocked to see that many of the diehard wild steelhead guys have finally seen the light. That is something that a couple of us have been saying here for years now!

On the other fishing website that used to be the number one site where wild steelhead were targeted at in C&R fisheries, the vast majority have now chosen to stop, or at the very least, cut back their fishing on them.
199115.gif

When will you folks consider doing the same thing?

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
If they are legal to fish for then I will fish for them!!!!
So do you really believe that those wild steelhead runs are strong enough for you to continue to fish on them? At what point will you stop.....when the laws tells you to?

What are your views on conservation of these wild species? Do you need the WDFW to tell you when to stop fishing on them?

·
Registered
727 Posts
This video was posted on several different sites. Only negative has been here on Game Fishing. Thanks Bob, just can`t chase away good posters fast enough. Perhaps you should stick to the political side of the forum?

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Bill

Sometimes the truth hurts no matter which forum you post it on. Why can't these guys just leave these wild fish alone? That's been the message that many have stated on those other forums. Not really sure what their obsession is to have to target wild fish that are almost a thing of the past. If the video was about hatchery fish instead of wild fish, you wouldn't be hearing from me, but its NOT!

Most of the time they do not even say what waters they are catching them in, which raises another question of just how healthy the river that they are fishing really is. Sorry if my questions offend you Bill, but some of us have a totally different view then you do when it comes to targeting these fish in C&R fisheries. I would like to see the reaction of playing this same video at one of our State Steelhead Advisory meeting, especially when they continually pull these fish out of the water for their pics! The times that we can still target these few stocks of wild steelhead is quickly coming to and end. I guess that some of us can see it coming sooner then others can. 10 years ago, I couldn't see it coming either, but that time has come and gone.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
This video was posted on several different sites. Only negative has been here on Game Fishing. Thanks Bob, just can`t chase away good posters fast enough. Perhaps you should stick to the political side of the forum?
Gamefishin seams to be the only forum that is allowed to speak their minds.
I fish has plenty of dis likes about these wild steelhead videos... but they arnt allowed to post.

I'm sure these guys know the system they are fishing and wouldn't put too much pressure if it wasnt okay for those wild fish. Besides... the more non wild fishers there are./... the more remote-ish non crowded videos can be made for the future. ;)

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Another great video!
Keep up the good work!

& KEEP POSTING THE VIDS here on GF... ITs HILARIOUS to see some on here complaining about what you do, when they have NO CLUE as to what rivers you are on, or even what STATE you are fishing!!

another rant should be coming in 3....2....1...

·
Banned
7,960 Posts
Tail

You are right here I am.........I don't think it is criticism but more of a think about what you are doing and why you are doing it. I don't care about them fishing on wilds or where they fish for them, I care about me not doing it and suggesting others not fish over wilds. It's a choice, so all the wild fish guys go get em if that is your choice..........RJ out.

·
Banned
7,960 Posts
CFM

Good question, when should fishing over wild fish on wild rivers be stopped. Some fishers just can't help themselves and the lure of the big wild steel is more than they can say no to, they will fish on them until WDFW says no more.

I'm more than content to fish and fight hatchery fish and will leave the wilds alone as I have done for over a decade now. Who doesn't like steel video Tail?
.................RJ out.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Bob, RJ, if we are to ever get back to the steelhead and salmon mecca that we once were, we`ll have to agree with the co-managers that a steelhead is a steelhead, and a salmon is a salmon. If we were to do this, RJ, our wdfw employees are plenty capable of raising healthy stocks of fish.

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Bob, RJ, if we are to ever get back to the steelhead and salmon mecca that we once were, we`ll have to agree with the co-managers that a steelhead is a steelhead, and a salmon is a salmon. If we were to do this, RJ, our wdfw employees are plenty capable of raising healthy stocks of fish.
Bill

Your a pretty smart guy. Do you truly really think that we sport fishers will ever get back to that "steelhead and salmon mecca" that we once had that you have referred to?

Reality is reality! Has anyone here, or elsewhere figured it out?

Does anyone really believe that our "co-managers" were not also equally part of the problem to the wild fish declines? They do have clout, but they too have brought our fisheries to what they are. If not for the "money", does anyone really believe that the tribes are ours or the fish's best saviors?

It's all about money at this stage.....and YOU know it!

·
Registered
12,397 Posts
Another great video!
Keep up the good work!

& KEEP POSTING THE VIDS here on GF... ITs HILARIOUS to see some on here complaining about what you do, when they have NO CLUE as to what rivers you are on, or even what STATE you are fishing!!
Exactly! Thank you for pointing that out.
199115.gif

Why do you suppose that is?
NO CLUE as to what rivers you are on, or even what STATE you are fishing!!
Exactly! Thank you for pointing that out

But yet, we here in Washington State, have to abide by our fishing rules and regulations which state that we sport fishers can NOT take a wild steelhead out of the water...period unless you harvest it! And then, it's only one fish a year if you choose to do so in a handful of selected rivers!

If you want to promote an illegal fishing method that is not legal here in Washington, then so be it! I personally will not support any such illegal fisheries here. That would be a dereliction of my duties as a co-chair to the State Steelhead Advisory board and to you as a sport fisher.

If they take their fish out of the water in any stream in Washington State for a picture, that is an illegal fishing method.

Do you not fully understand that Tail?

If they state that they are catching all of these fish in a state where it's legal to take them out of the water...then great!

That has never been the case in the videos that I have seen.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Look at fishing on the east coast Bob.

The big difference between there and here? The fertility of our streams here in the PNW. Our streams are sterile, I could post some links if that would help, but I`m sure most who are interested could find this out easily enough.

IMO that many of you believe that salmon and steelhead runs were plentiful before hatcheries in the lower Columbia region. This is not true, native americans had a hell of a time trying to live in this region during Lewis and Clark times. Most of them died. If it were not for the Yakima tribe, the Cowlitz tribe would never have been.

Hatcheries made steelhead fishing in the PNW, before that they were considered a pest to hatchery salmon managers,{commercial} and were exterminated, along with the planted trout in most streams.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts