Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lower Green is the place to be fishing now for incoming Steelhead.
The waters in great shape and the Fish are moving through.
This one took a Plunked, Pink Spin-n-Glow/Pink Hoochie Combo today out of my favorite "Y" in the Road Hole just downstream from the Soccer Fields in Auburn.
These Fresh from the Salt, Fish are full of fight!
Get the lead out! and your gear and head out to where the action is.
Two Bright Ones out of the same hole, Two days in a row now during my one hour Lunch Break, I'd say the Steel is in the Lower Green and moving up. "TRAPPER"

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Nice post, good catching Tup:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
never fished the grenn river when u say lower green what town is that by and is there any good plunking holes around there not looking for any honey holes just a place to fish.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Nice report Trapper Tup:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
john s said:
never fished the grenn river when u say lower green what town is that by and is there any good plunking holes around there not looking for any honey holes just a place to fish.
John, If you are in Kent, from Central Ave turn south on 259th St and at the first "Y" in the road the hole is on your right. Parking for a dozen cars, (a nice Fishermans Shack with a stove if you decide to Plunk) Two Pools with about 100 yards of clean botton to Drift Fish. Plenty of Plunking Holes as you move downriver in Kent. Zero in on the map on TerraServer USA to see it for yourself. "TRAPPER"

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
powder said:
What size weight you use? Like 4 oz or something?
Powder, 4oz. Pyramid Sinker should work fine, just enough to keep your bait in the trough. "TRAPPER"

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
THE TRAPPER said:
powder said:
What size weight you use? Like 4 oz or something?
Powder, 4oz. Pyramid Sinker should work fine, just enough to keep your bait in the trough. "TRAPPER"
Cool. I'm thinking about plunkin next time the river's too high for other stuff (i guess that would be right now, lol ).

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I also got word that the upper river between highway 18 and flaming geyser is putting out a decent catch of hatchery fish. I find that lower stretch of river way to snaggy to dirft myself. Lots of brush, and old logs lying out of sight Tdown: .

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the kid 2 said:
I also got word that the upper river between highway 18 and flaming geyser is putting out a decent catch of hatchery fish. I find that lower stretch of river way to snaggy to dirft myself. Lots of brush, and old logs lying out of sight Tdown: .
the kid2 I agree about the snags in the Lower River
It sure pays to put in as much time as you can learning the water.
(My Wife always tells me " If your losing your Dick Nites on the Snags, why don't you just drift a Corkie through the Hole first and see if there's anything in the way ?") Don't you just hate it when they are right? :? "TRAPPER"

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I have spent a lot of time on the Green in the summer fly fishing it is a great way to see what has been eating all your tackle all winter. The river changes all the time but some of the snags have been around for years do the foot work it pays off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts