Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking about my love to live in the Carolina's some day. I thought a cool thread would be to see where everyone is from and where they would like to live in most.

I will start,

I grew up on Mountain View Calif. Moved to Marysville WA in 1998.

I love living in Washington much more then Calif. However I would love to move to South Carolina someday.

My reasons,
Weather is very nice all year. Currently its 75 and sunny.
Ocean average temp is 80 degrees off the coast. Nice and toasty.
FOOD. Some of the best BBQ joints in the nation are scarttered in SC and NC.
People are very calm and nice. ALmost too nice,.
CHEAP TO LIVE! I can sell my home here and buy a nice home outright for $200.000 or less with a pool.
Schools are rated amoung the best in the country.
Did I say great BBQ~!
Love the sports programs there.
Still would stay a fan of the Niners and Hawks. But could like the Panthers.
Have you ever been there? Its awesome country!~
Great fishing in great lakes and ocean.
Cost of living is low.

Tup:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Alaska!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I left here and went to Wyoming for a while. All I can say is, Im back and hopefully never have to leave again. Washington is a great state to live in IMO. Tup:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Born and raised here. More than likely will die here. I've worked in Alaska, Hawaii, Oregon and Montana. No place better than Washington.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Cool thread Ice...

When we retire we are moving to Northwest Montana. Less people, awesome fishing and wildlife and I can sit on 10acres pretty comfy :mrgreen:

I am hoping to grab a small place in Alaska for summer fishing visits but wont be much more than a tiny cabin near the fishin hole :D

We wont keep the house here in washington since the taxes are too high but plan to visit the OP for winter fishing on a regular basis. Tup:

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Until they put an ocean in Colorado, New Mexico or Arizona, I'm content to be a web footed Washingtonian!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
You can get webbed feet in certain parts of NM....

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Been to plenty of other states...nice places to visit. There's no place like home!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I don't know if there is anyplace other than Washington I'd live. You have the ocean,desert,mountains,rain forest all within a few hours drive from each other.

If I could choose which half the state though,it would be the Eastern half without a doubt.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hunter P said:
I don't know if there is anyplace other than Washington I'd live. You have the ocean,desert,mountains,rain forest all within a few hours drive from each other.

If I could choose which half the state though,it would be the Eastern half without a doubt.
I agree u can't beat washington... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Interesting thread and something that has been occupying my thoughts for the past few years.

I’m a native rustback born in Seattle and spent most of my first 19 years right here. My dad worked for Boeing his entire life but got transferred to Binghamton, New York for a year or so when I was in second grade and Arlington, Texas for another year when I was in fifth grade. I was too young to remember much about New York, other than I remember New York City was the dirtiest place I’d ever seen and the people were mean. But I distinctly remember Texas… I hated it.

Went in the Air Force in ’66 and ended up back in Texas… first at San Antonio and then Amarillo for tech school… hated it. Got stationed in Vegas next and it was a pretty good place to live back in the late 60’s and early 70’s so I hung around for a few years after I got out of the AF but I couldn’t live there today.

Lived in Medford, Oregon for a while, it wasn’t too bad there either but I still ended up back here in ’76.

I’ve been in 32 of the 50 states including Alaska and Hawaii and spent quite a bit of play time in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, California and some in Arizona.

My retirement date (lotto aside) is October 2011 we plan to sell our house and be fulltime RVers for a year or so and then settle down.

I’m with Duro… if money was no object I’d move to Hawaii tomorrow... I hate cold weather more every year and with 1-3� of global warming forecast for tonight it doesn’t help. But… unless I win the lotto… Hawaii is out of my range so we are looking at either northern Idaho or the Flathead Lake Montana area for April-October and probably motorhoming it in sunny states for the winter until we are tired of that.

Wherever we end up, there will have to be a big body of water, friendly people, decent fishing and a low cost of living… well lower than King County anyway.388:1m9arlo1]
[/url]

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
There is no other state besides Washington.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
thecougdad said:
Washington, if we could get rid of all the Californians....
:lol: I love this State, everything is here that I could ask for, great Family, Awesome Fishing, so many choices for fishing year round and great friends Tup: Tup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I was born in LA, lived there for quite awhile, I lived in PA, KS, Germany, and here. Colorado is where we will be moving when the kids are out of school or Ed Mcmahon knocks on my door sometime before they graduate.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts