Starbucks and Guns | Gamefishin.com

Starbucks and Guns

Discussion in 'Guns.....Guns.....Guns...Things that go BOOM' started by SledgeHammer, Aug 25, 2013.

1. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Well-Known Member

2. fishslave

fishslave Well-Known Member

How does my carrying a legal firearm in a legal manner infringe on that idiots rights? I think they've reversed their bassackward thinking, in that by denying me the right to carry (and defend myself from kooks and crazies), that's NOT legal tyranny?

Being able to protect oneself is not only a Constitutional right, it's a basic human right, like being able to access shelter and food in a legal manner.rth, Olympia, WA 98501-1091. For more information (Click here) and here.
    ------------------------

Not only no, but HELL NO. I'll be putting my two cents in and I hope ya'll will too!

http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/sepa/2013/13064dns.pdfrowing mountain of paper being thrown at our side by WDFW and the WBGA.

3. fishing bear

fishing bear Active Member

This is just the begining.

THE READER
    From the Office of Mayor Mike McGinn
    News, Updates, and Information
    Click here to receive The Reader via email.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 23, 2013

Washington CeaseFire Launches Seattle Gun Free Zone Program
    Washington CeaseFire, joined by Mayor McGinn, announced the launch of a new program designed to help local businesses become “Gun Free Zones.� Businesses can opt into the program by visiting washingtonceasefire.org, signing the pledge to participate, and placing a “Gun Free Zone� decal in their window.

“We’re making a statement as a community� said Washington CeaseFire Board President Ralph Fascitelli. “We know this won’t stop someone determined to cause violence, but we hope that standing together and giving businesses a tool to say no to guns will change the conversation around gun violence. Maybe our message will even make it to Olympia – we need better tools now to stop gun violence in our community.�

Gun violence claims more than 31,000 lives every year in our country. In King County alone, more people die every year from gun violence than from motor vehicle collisions. This violence takes an enormous emotional and financial toll on victims and their families. Between 2007 and 2011, the estimated annual cost of firearms deaths and hospitalizations in King County was $177 million.

“We are here to support businesses that do not wish to have guns on their premises� said McGinn. “The police department regularly enforces trespass laws when a visitor to a business violates that business’s rules. We will continue to do so, and I thank these businesses for standing up for the safety of their customers.�wz]

4. Birch Barlow

Birch Barlow Active Member

clap: Tup: Tup:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYL0yN110go[/youtube]

5. mr.Goodbar

mr.Goodbar Member

That was the funniest thing I ever watched! Too bad the irony is lost on the sheep.

6. powder

powder Active Member

So is the gun rights community still backing Starbucks after they requested people don't carry into their stores?

I stopped going there. I know it was a ploy to appease the anti America crowd... or anti gun, whatever you want to call it. Honestly i never liked their coffee that much. I like the girly frap drinks they make (vanilla frap in the summer is delicious) but i have better tasting coffee at home. I've open carried into a Starbucks (pistol, no rifle open carry for me) and no one seemed to bat an eye. There were 2 sheriffs there last time that noticed and gave me a nod and a smile. Police in my area understand that if you're open carrying, you're not a criminal.

Anyways, I just don't feel like giving my money to a company that tries to save face with a bunch of people who do not get the difference between law abiding citizen and criminal. Does anyone really think a criminal is going to show you his gun before he commits a crime? I think many anti gunners lack perspective in all honesty. That is the main issue here imo, is the anti America crowd isn't willing to think of it from a different point of view. No one is willing to be uncomfortable so they complain.

All that said, i feel like the gun crowd took it a little too far with the "guns and coffee" stickers and open carrying rifles into their stores. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I predicted this would happen. I support your right to do it and if you want to do it, do it, but just realize you might screw up some things for the gun rights movements in the future. Being completely extreme has it's negatives, one of them reared it's head here and Starbucks was put in a bad spot. I understand their decision and their request, and i will honor it. That means i won't go there, because when i'm casually getting coffee, i have a gun with me, open or concealed. Just how it is.

7. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Well-Known Member

I like SBUX, but don't go there often. I bought their stock at $17 and love their business model. Their stock is over 77 now. I hope that honest, law abiding citizens will carry everywhere they go. An armed society is a safe society. They don't need to open carry, but I don't mind it. I'm a little tired of the criminal element intimidating the good people in our society. Until they are confronted, and maybe take a few rounds, they will continue to victimize the general public.