Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I'm looking to get a new bigger drift rod and spoon rod for nates, smaller kings etc, and was looking at either the Avid 9'6" 8-17lb, or 9' 8-17lb. I was wondering when St. Croix started using that IPC technology. I built an Avid 9'6" 6-12lb. about 5 or 6 years ago and it rocks. I see they no longer make that size so I was wondering if they switched over to the IPC recently?? Also, who around has them in stock. I live in Bellingham and nobody around seems to have them?? A lot of places carry lower end St. Croix, but not the avid series. thanks!!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gator_79 said:
Holiday Market or Sportsmans Warehouse both in Burlington.
huh, I will have to look again. Last time I couldn't find any Avid Series rods at either place. Maybe I just missed them though. I love the action and feel of my old Croix, these new ones should really be sweet. Any experts know how the Avid series, SCIII, rods compare against loomis, modulus wise??? I've always felt mine was between a GL3 and IMX. Maybe little close to the GL3.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
I have the Avid 8-17lb 9.6 and LOVE IT! I have used it for Pinks, big silvers and caught one Bubble king on it with a dart last year. Phil and I were talking about this rods versitility at the show. He catches big kings on them as well as steelhead.

Gotta love this rod!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ice, I forgot you had that rod. I know you've told me about it before. How old is that rod?? I'll have to try it out next time we go out.

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
As far as I know none of the Sportsmans Warehouses have the new Avid series yet. We clearanced all the old ones out to make room for the new ones and we should be seeing them this spring according to my source!

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
mitch184 said:
Ice, I forgot you had that rod. I know you've told me about it before. How old is that rod?? I'll have to try it out next time we go out.
Got it last March or April as memory serves me. At Outdoor emporium.

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
The older ones are really nice rods...the new ones are even nicer! I can't wait to try one out soon!

Fish on...

Todd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts