Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when is everyone planning on going out for the first for spring smallmouth trip?

all i need is a few more rods, gamakatsu's, and drop shot/t-rig weights and im set!

·
Registered
292 Posts
You know it's spring when the Bass-Master starts posting up. I figure I'm due for some bassin' real soon. I was about to head down to wawawai lake for some smallies the other day but plans changed and I ended up sleeping on concrete in anticipation of Cougar basketball...

·
Registered
239 Posts
The bass-master has mentioned that it is almost "time"....when he starts giving me daily water temp. reports I'll know he 's ready. I will be taking most Sundays off now,so hopefully we will venture off to more places than Coulon this year. We have a ways to go (minor fiberglass work,getting oars & P.F.D's) before we can launch the "Mighty Tadpole"

·
Registered
292 Posts
You guys live pretty close to lake Boren right? There's some nice fish in there. If you'd be willing to drive 20 minutes, head to Beaver Lake in Issaquah or one of the many lakes in federal way... They've all got some solid largemouth in them.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
like fishinorig said, lake killarney and 5mile lake are both decent bass lakes with not much pressure.

five mile lake has no ramp, so if you can carry a cartopper you can basically have it to yourself. TONS of cover too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts