Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard a rumor(good source)that Spring Chinook season will end March 15th from I5 to the mouth for Commercial and Sport fishing. This is because of the feeble returns expected on the Willamette. The funny thing is, the Willamette will NOT close for Spring Chinook retention. This was the close date on the big C for years prior to the late 90's. Hope this is incorrect but my source is usually right.

P.S. The Skookumchuck should have some fish in it now

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Hope your wrong to Barny!!

Glad to see ya post again!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know things don't look good for the lower columbia but who has put out that the river will close on 15 March? According to WDFW the seasons won't even be adopted until Feb 2nd...

OLYMPIA – The Washington Fish and Wildlife Commission is scheduled to adopt new allocation guidelines for Columbia River chinook salmon along with new fishing rules for a variety of other fisheries at a public meeting here Feb. 1-2.

And not to be too much of a pesamist (sp?), but I would actually be surprised if it stayed open until 15 March if the Willamette run size rumors are accurate. At least if it's open until 15 March it might be worth a trip or two in in early March if we get the water temps up enough by then.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
umrules said:
I know things don't look good for the lower columbia but who has put out that the river will close on 15 March?
I don't know his source, but I would say he is well informed wink:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Will the river between I5 and the dam remain open?

If so, that will be a crowded piece of water.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing that bugs me is they are not going to close the Willamette. We don't get to fish so they can? Back in the day we would head to the Cowlitz for our springers. We'd fish the lower river pretty much the same way as cathlamette.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts