Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
SJ, I found it interesting that not one of the people interviewed on this piece of trash news program actually said, " I lost my house in the current mortgage problem."
One person said, "When I get a full time job I will buy a car and then it will be easier to go to work." Another said, " I sold mt home for less than what I paid to pay my bills." Another was forced to move into a Motor Home when her husband got sick, the news program didn't say that she even owned the house she lived in, she may have been renting for all we know. This program is a piece of junk and should never have been aired, it is a perfect example of Lazy Media just throwing something out there to fill air time and fuel peoples emotions without actually doing a real story!!!!

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
OB-1 said:
SJ, I found it interesting that not one of the people interviewed on this piece of trash news program actually said, " I lost my house in the current mortgage problem."
One person said, "When I get a full time job I will buy a car and then it will be easier to go to work." Another said, " I sold mt home for less than what I paid to pay my bills." Another was forced to move into a Motor Home when her husband got sick, the news program didn't say that she even owned the house she lived in, she may have been renting for all we know. This program is a piece of junk and should never have been aired, it is a perfect example of Lazy Media just throwing something out there to fill air time and fuel peoples emotions without actually doing a real story!!!!
I agree Tup: Tdown:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What you fail to see is that this is happening in CA, maybe not in WA but it is happening.

These scences are being played out in quite a few States over there.

As I have said maybe not in WA but WA is not all America.

Will post another link soon where they talk about what is happening to the housing market and dollar over there.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Watch again and you will see they mention more than just three, they mention how many folk are there.

The housing crisis and the drop in the value of the dollar is affecting more than just America.

You up in WA may not be feeling the affects but they are in other States.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Wow the only thing I can say about that is... I am totally not buying what they are selling!!! Just another example of biased journalism IMO...

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
We up in Wa are feeling the effects, SJ. We are paying more than ever for fuel. The dollar is crap. Those who have gold are, for the first time in a very long time, realizing its value. The recesssion is here, people, despite what your clown: president says.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Fluffhead, If I gotta live with your governor you can live with my president.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lets not turn it political as I only posted it to show you what is happening outside WA.

My next door neighbour asked me today why I go to the States for my holiday and I replied because it is so cheap to go there and I have made lots of friends across there.

Now if only I could buy my ciggies over there at the same price as my brother got them in Montenegro (24c a packet) I would be in heaven.

Yes the dollar is low and I am hoping it will stay steady at around 2 dollars per £. Banks over here have lot millions on buying these so called prime morgages, it even caused a run on one bank and the gov ended up Nationalizing it to stop it going out of business.

At the moment it is somethig we all have to live with and just hope that the speculators do not send it on a downward trend that will be hard to recover from. I just hope it is not like the dot com bubble.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
"Nationwide, some 233,001 homes received at least one notice from lenders last month related to overdue payments,"

That is 1.3% of all homes.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TK do you know how many properties have been affected since last July. I say July as I think this is when it first broke out over there.

The real rush started over here last September and as I was on holiday over there I missed all the news. When I got back I learnt of the run on a bank and what the gov had done to stop it going under.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
WOW!! I had no idea that everyone ins losing their homes and living in tents in California OMG what are we going to do!!!!! :roll:

SJ,
Give me a break!!

The majority of people losing thier homes over here are due to some people buying more house than they should have thru low introductory/variable rates and poor credit screening practices from lenders. These people in my opinion only have themselves to blame, and shouldnt be getting handouts from anyone.

If you think that video is in any way a real reflection of whats going on in on this side of the pond, you are far from reality.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Olybirds said:
WOW!! I had no idea that everyone ins losing their homes and living in tents in California OMG what are we going to do!!!!! :roll:

SJ,
Give me a break!!

The majority of people losing thier homes over here are due to some people buying more house than they should have thru low introductory/variable rates and poor credit screening practices from lenders. These people in my opinion only have themselves to blame, and shouldnt be getting handouts from anyone.

If you think that video is in any way a real reflection of whats going on in on this side of the pond, you are far from reality.
Now this is the truth of it, thank you Oly, I couldn't get the words out, and Sir john, why do you keep posting stuff about America to show us how bad things are here, What, do you think you have it soooo good that you need to point out that we have it soooo crappy, I think you should keep stuff like this to yourself, just my oppinion...Guru

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lots of folk across here have lost their homes to this prime loan business but they are not sleeping in tents in the cities. Charities put them up in hostels, if they have kids the gov will pay for them to live in hostels/private lettings until they get on their feet.

I do not think it is a regular thing across there but when it does happen surely you cannot close your eyes to it happening. If you want to see a lot of poverty go to Alaska as the areas and school I visited had lots of poor folk trying to eke out a living. Mind you one man's view of poverty is not another man's view.

Not everybody is rich and well off in America and over here.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
sir john said:
Mind you one man's view of poverty is not another man's view.
Sir John this is the most sensible thing you have said in this whole thread. We are not blind to the facts, we deal with them everyday. How's about you donate some money to the red cross to help these people.

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
Sj you crack me up dude.. clown:

You're always posting crap about our country our economy our military all the while fly'n yer butt over here to enjoy the spoils of our rivers and abundant fisheries. conf:

Get a grip man. Deal with your countries problems first before talking trash about ours. Tup:

You really have no bloody idea about the housing market except for what you're spoon fed by your corrupt media so chill out. If you really want the scoop on what the housing market is doing call or email me direct and I'll help you understand it but I would guess your only intention is to talk trash as usual.. Tdown:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guru I have already donated to the Red Cross.

Although I am on here a lot this is not the only site I give my dues to.

FF I will take you up on your offer.

But before I do let me ask you one thing, just whereabouts in the World did this sub prime morgage start??? Not over here in Britain.

Just heard tonight that one of your banks is in trouble, sure hope they get it settled soon.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts