Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few jigs I tied up and am trying to get rid of. If you are interested go look at them under the classified section...
Thanks-
Mark

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mark,

Some great looking jigs there. Your right about the nickel plated brass bead head jigs not chipping, very durable, one of the reasons I like using them so much. For anybody thats interested, one of the best places to get brass beads is staminainc.com and use a 3/4" X 18 escutcheon pin, any hardware store, to tye to the jig hook. 11/32 = 1/4 oz, 9/32 = 1/8 oz, 1/4 = 1/16 oz. keep up the good work.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the compliment- I appreciate that. That where I ordered my materials from. They do have good prices. I powder coat some of the brass heads as well as some of my lures and they are virtually chip proof! Powder coat paint really adheres to brass and steel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mark,

I've powder painted the brass beads as well with good results. You can also powder paint the brass escutcheon pins, mainly the pin head that will be showing, just try to keep it a light coat on the shank, so you don't increase the diameter of the pin to put on the brass bead. If you are ever looking for nickel plated brass escutheon pins, they can be special ordered at craft-inc.com, # 18 X 3/4" - 1/4 lb. 10.00.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts