Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skykomish River: Hit Reiter Ponds and take your float rod! Also don't hesitate to take your drift gear but it can be very snaggy.

Snoqualmie River: Fish Big Eddy and Tokul Creek. Again take your float rod and float jig, eggs or sand shrimp. Drift boaters can put in at Plums landing and float to Fall city. Lots of good plug water. Drift fisherman can hit the river at the mouth of the Tolt fishing down river from there.

Cowlitz River: If you don't mind some company then hit Blue Creek. If your in a boat, most fish are being caught side drifting eggs. From the bank don't hesitate to use floats/jigs or traditional drift gear. There's plenty of fish, including some reaching the 20lb mark!

Bogachiel:

Areas to fish:

• Hatchery Drift
    Calawah Confluence - Drift and float fishing
    Tall Timbers - Drift fishing
    Cresent Hole - Plugs and floats
    Ice Box - Plugs and Drift fishing
    Hundley Flats - Drift fishing
    Mary Lou - Plugs and Drift fishing
    Goodman Mainline - Plunking

Note: Drifting in boat is considered, by some to be technical. Have fun and be safe! Tup:

Cascade River: Fish below the hatchery or up river from where it dumps into the Skagit. Plenty of bank access. Lots of hatchery steelhead are caught on this small river every year. Float/jig combo and light drift gear, small bait.

Elochoman River: Float/Jigs and bait are good choices here. When the water is up and dirty, drift fish eggs, otherwise your float/jig is most likely the best choice. Again down size your gear and bait.

Some other good info:

http://www.gamefishin.com/wa/features/pinkworm.htm

http://www.gamefishin.com/wa/features/eggcure.htm

http://www.gamefishin.com/wa/features/oprivers.htm

Please don't hesitate to add any info to this thread that you think would be helpful!

Tight Lines!

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Duroboat said:
Great info Bruce,
Don't you have some Stevens Creek maps and info too ??
Yea, I'll see if I can dig them up. Stevens Creek is definatly another area you might want to check out.

Stevens Creek is near the Humptulips hatchery.

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stevens Creek. Great for hatchery steelhead. Not great maps but they should help.

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
great info!

anyone have the bank access directions to blue creek? never been there, and I'll be driving over from Port Angeles, thanx!

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BadFish said:
great info!

anyone have the bank access directions to blue creek? never been there, and I'll be driving over from Port Angeles, thanx!
Once you find Blue Creek just start fishing. DON'T FISH WITHIN' 100FT OF THE OUTLET THOUGH.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
The spots for the Snoqualmie, are those the spots you go to out of North Bend Doc?m Just curious, I think everyone would want to know where the good Doctor fishes and catches slabs Tup:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thanks for this!

Since this is here does anyone have a map with some of those spots labeled for the Snoqualmie. I scoped it out last weekend for a couple of hours and wasn't sure what I was looking at. Tokul Creek area is easy to find but I'm not sure where the "Big Eddy" is. Thanks!

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
epidemic said:
Thanks for this!

Since this is here does anyone have a map with some of those spots labeled for the Snoqualmie. I scoped it out last weekend for a couple of hours and wasn't sure what I was looking at. Tokul Creek area is easy to find but I'm not sure where the "Big Eddy" is. Thanks!
To get to the Big Eddy/Tokul Creek access site, follow Highway 202 south from Redmond past Fall City and take Fish Hatchery Road.

From the Snoqualmie side, take the first left north of the falls, 372nd Ave.

Check this link out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fish ... minalZones

·
Registered
613 Posts
Dr Hook said:
epidemic said:
Thanks for this!

To get to the Big Eddy/Tokul Creek access site, follow Highway 202 south from Redmond past Fall City and take Fish Hatchery Road.

From the Snoqualmie side, take the first left north of the falls, 372nd Ave.

Check this link out:

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fish ... minalZones
Thanks! That is where I was, I just didn't know it was called the Big Eddy.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Damn!!! There you go again with a post with incredible information, that should be a permanent part of this board. Way to put it up Dr. Hook. clap:

·
Registered
56 Posts
probably wanna try somewhere other then the cascade...20-30 dudes on a river thats super low and clear...and very small stretch that gets fish...not that great of a place anymore!

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NWFE said:
probably wanna try somewhere other then the cascade...20-30 dudes on a river thats super low and clear...and very small stretch that gets fish...not that great of a place anymore!
There's actually a lot of area to fish if you willing to do a little hiking and exploring, its a great fishery which puts out a lot of fish every year.

Here's a couple of pictures I took up on the Cascade.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts