Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Sweet potato pie.

And Smoked salmon cracker spread.. (cream cheese, green onion, black olive, smoked salmon)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll here is what we did, we took a Ribeye Roast approx. 9.12 lbs. Thawed to room temperature, and then cover with Coarse Garlic Pepper, put in the fridge and let marinate for 6 hours. Pulled out and put in the smoker for 4 hours and cold smoked with a water pan and Pecan Wood. Pulled and finished in the oven for an additional 6 hours.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
well lets see,salmon spread for an appitizer,prime rib for the main course and sweet potato pie for desert.the only thing missin was the INVITES :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
yes i do remember,and thank you verrrrrrrrrrrrrry much,but that what happens when your knees start going out, you need to take more rest periods clown:

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Christmas Dinner was home made halibut fiish and chips and chicken strips. Nothin like a simple dinner after three days of traditional Christmas food

·
Registered
475 Posts
So… I’ve been wanting to try prime rib in the smoker for quite a while, but I could never bring myself to take the chance on an $80 piece of meat especially when it’s for Christmas dinner. I’ve had my new home built smoker up and running since last spring and I am pretty confidant in its operation so I decided to try it out. It turned out perfect; I don’t think I will cook prime rib any other way.

I seasoned it only with salt and pepper and I started with apple wood and finished it up with hickory… 6 1/2 hours @ 225 degrees and I pulled it out when the internal temp was @ 146 degrees which carried over to about 150 which was done to perfection for my family’s taste. I don’t have pictures because my camera went swimming the last time we went clamming and Santa didn’t bring me my new one until after dinner.

New Year’s Eve we had 21 family and friends over for dinner. We had home smoked Albacore and salmon, home canned pickled asparagus and deviled eggs for hor devours. My brother brought a huge yellow fin tuna loin from the Philippines; it was line caught that day and he bought it whole at a commercial fish market in the PI and had it cleaned and flash frozen the day before he left. He grilled it (rare) with a sesame seed crust… yum. I smoked a ham and deep fried a turkey; my oldest daughter made a potato salad and we had green salad and smoked baked beans… what a feast. Dessert was homemade apple pie and homemade cherry pie from home canned cherries. Of course I forgot to take pictures during the feeding frenzy but you will have to trust me when I tell you it looked as good as it tasted.

·
Premium Member
32,972 Posts
Slowleak your right its hard to beat a smoked rib roast. I like to pull mine out at 137 degrees.
We were at our cabin for Christmas and I don't have a smoker there yet. So I did a small rib roast on the rotisserie and it came out mighty tasty too.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Duroboat said:
Thats Sweet potato pie looks so good!! Whats your recipe??
Just a pumpkin pie recipe from a book like betty crocker ect...But use 1/2 a much clove as what the recipie usually calls for...clove is reeely tough on the stomach...Just replace the pumpkin with sweet potato or yams.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts