Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your opinion of the new forum so far?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I like it. I like being able to hit previous and not have to scroll back to
where I was to start with. I like having the date a topic was originally
posted clearly displayed.

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
I think it is a nice feature rich change once you get use to the control panel. I notice the regulations forum is missing, but these discussion are likely better suited for the main discussion forum anyway. I've had a couple hiccups in the last two days and I'll get it posted.

Duro did a nice job coding the recipe book for faster recipe searches. Some nice work is getting done in here.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Love it! Can you say user friendly?

Navigating, uploading and the additional features (some of which I still have yet to try) are very nice. Tup:

I hope it works much easier on your end too, Bruce.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I like it..you sure put alot of hard work into this site and it is much appreciated.. Tup:

now if I could just figure out the picture posting, you have given me good directions on how to post them I just can't figure it out.. :?:

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Being the Neaderthal (apologies to any offended Neaderthals) I'm slowly getting used to it. It seems too take forever when I post a reply, and when I hit the back button to try to get back to the active/new posts I get a "page expired" message. I've managed to get around that by just hitting the "View new posts" button in the blue menu area at the top of the page.

I still think it would be nice to have the ability to preview a post by hovering the cursor over the topic, and get the little thumbnail description with the first few lines in the post. That would really be a time saver. Also, It would be nice if there were a more obvious way to mark the posts that have already been read.

These aren't complaints, just comments. Eventually I can get used to pretty much anything!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Dang,
Lost my original response. When you type in a message, hit submit, I need to wait a few seconds before doing anything or else the message doesn't go through.

Is it all about clicks? I ask because the View New Posts now lists all catagories sorted by time. Because of this, I have found threads in some catagories I would have never looked at. Also, like someone mentioned above, hovering the pointer over a thread used to give a clue on what's it about. Now you must click on it.

Overall, I really liked the clean look of the old one, but this one is growing on me.

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GillRaker said:
Also, like someone mentioned above, hovering the pointer over a thread used to give a clue on what's it about. Now you must click on it.
This is a project that I am working on. I didn't realize how many people actually used that feature.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
The sight is great, new cool features and not confusing anymore Tup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Dr Hook said:
GillRaker said:
Also, like someone mentioned above, hovering the pointer over a thread used to give a clue on what's it about. Now you must click on it.
This is a project that I am working on. I didn't realize how many people actually used that feature.
Some old man tells me the same thing everytime I talk to him!
wink:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I'm liking it Tup: , and now can use Firefox with spell check so that's nice :D

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I've enjoyed it since say one. I checked out the old board today and it looks boring compared to this one. Keep it up Bruce. Tup:

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I make it well known that I HATE change, but the forum has been pretty easy to get used to and overall, I see it as an improvement!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I agree, the old board does look pretty boring compared to this one.

Just a few things, when you click on a member profile you used to be able to get name, age, website(if they had one), and a few other statistics. Now you don't get all that info. Its nice to put a name in a pm when it is someone you don't know personally. Also, the website thing was nice for the guides or those of us that are too lazy to look up thier sites. Just a few ideas. Thanks Bruce for the site. I will personally say I'm lame for not contributing because I have gained so much from the site.

Nate

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
It's a winner!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts