Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . for work and could use some pointers on what to do on my off time. If anyone is familiar with the city, I'll be there for two weeks and will be looking for ways to kill my off time.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Last time I was there 10 years ago or so.....I visited Beni-hanas for dinners, went to a gun range to shoot a handgun...but if you're looking to fish....google search and find some bass guys that will take you out....if you're in for some commuting....hit the gulf, time permitting....best of all..have a good time! I had to drive by Texas Stadium on the way to training every morning....sure is a dump up close..well not the stadium, the stuff around it......enjoy, I hated Dallas personally....Austin was soooo much better a few years later!!!! ;)

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Edited because I know my geography as well as the average american! clown:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Dallas is a long way from the coast.

I second the Papadeauxs recommendation.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
DB - Gilley's is in a suburb of Houston, TX... not Dallas.

Madcap - Dallas is in northeastern Texas... about a 10 hour drive from the nearest salt water.

Tr - Pappadeaux does have decent cajun food for a chain restaurant... but IMO, if you want REAL cajun... you probably ain't gonna find it in Dallas.

Jacob - As mentioned... Dealy Plaza (where JFK was killed) is an interesting place... but overall... Dallas is just a big suburban-sprawl city with nothing of any real specific interest going for it. You can get a good steak dinner there... but you'll find that it's pretty much just like any other large midwestern city. They DO have a lot of "Gentleman's clubs" in Texas if you're into that... and you can drink alcohol in them too. Tup:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
go watch the Mavs play. they are a great team and its a good way to spend an evening

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
trharder said:
You might be a little young to care, but you might consider visiting the Texas School Book Depository
where they offed JFK. .
Great suggestion! clap:

Jacob can see where they made the original 'Nightmare on Elm Street' movie.:eek:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Huh? I thought you were talkin' about the original one that was in "Urban Cowboy".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts