Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about hitting the Snoqualmie in the sled tomorrow morning and was wondering if anyone had fished or had a chance to look at the river today. I can see that it's running at about 4500 cfs, which is a little above average, but is it colored up real bad?
Any info would be appreciated.
I'll give a report on how we do tomorrow after we get back.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case anybody cares, I'll answer my own post. The Snoqualmie was running a bit high, about 4500 cfs I'd guess, with about a foot of visiblity. Didn't touch a fish in 8 hours of pulling plugs and diver/bait rigs. Saw about 6 other sleds down around the Tolt River with nobody reporting any fish. About three guys fishing right below the Tolt R. confluence, saw nothing there either. We ran upstream a few miles, just to check it out as I'd never been up there before, saw some duck hunters but again, no fish.

I kinda hoped we might run across a steelie today, but no such luck. Oh, well had a great time on the water with my dad, listening to the NFL playoffs and enjoying the sunshine. Tup:

·
Administrator
13,980 Posts
Thanks for the inof AB, I was wondering myself.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Late report, just got on computer tonight.

The Raging River was watered down chocolate milk look today. When the Raging is like that the Snoqualmie is a close second. In Fall City today at 2pm I saw at least 8 shore fisherman trying their fair at the delta of the Raging. Most appeared to be of the non plunking type fisherman, for they were standing out in the water. I would think plunking might be the way to catch one on such a muddy day, but that's just me.

Good luck this week might be better, very cold tonight.

BTW i took my boat for a spin around Mercer Island today, it was quit peaceful out, not many boats out and very sunny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts