Discussion Starter #1
order IF DEMOCRATS HAD ANY BRAINS, THEY'D BE REPUBLICANS
QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN ANN
February 1, 2008, 11:06 PM
COULTER TV -

Friday 2/1/08 -- Cavuto, Fox News 4pm

Saturday 2/2/08 -- Geraldo, Fox News 8pm
February 1, 2008, 5:22 AM
Would that he would do it officially . . . - Democrats say McCain nearly abandoned GOP
February 1, 2008, 4:49 AM
MCCAIN ATTACKS GUN OWNERS! -

McCain "sponsored the McCain/Lieberman gun show bill, which would have given the federal government the administrative power to prohibit all gun shows, and to register everyone who attends a gun show."

-- Dave Kopel: 2d Amt Project

ALSO:

Supported anti-gun Schumer amendment: Sen McCain voted for an amendment offered by the anti-gun Sen. Charles Schumer of New York that would have restricted the legitimate transfer of firearms over the internet. (Source: Congressional Record 5/14/99, p. S5327.)

Voted to expand The Brady Law: McCain voted to extend the restrictions of the Brady bill to pawn shops and gun repair shops.(Source: Congressional Record 5/20/99, p.S5642.)

Supported Clinton Gun Control: John McCain voted AGAINST efforts to kill the Clinton gun control package, which contained al kinds of new gun restrictions, including a ban on many kinds of private gun sales. (Source: Congressional Record 7/28/99, P. S9451.)

-- Gunowners of America
February 1, 2008, 2:41 AM
MARK LEVIN ON MCCAIN -

Rally For Romney

"Of course, it’s one thing to overlook one or two issues where a candidate seeking the Republican nomination as a conservative might depart from conservative orthodoxy. But in McCain’s case, adherence is the exception to the rule â€" McCain-Feingold (restrictions on political speech), McCain-Kennedy (amnesty for illegal aliens), McCain-Kennedy-Edwards (trial lawyers’ bill of rights), McCain-Lieberman (global warming legislation), Gang of 14 (obstructing change to the filibuster rule for judicial nominations), the Bush tax cuts, and so forth. This is a record any liberal Democrat would proudly run on. Are we to overlook this record when selecting a Republican nominee to carry our message in the general election?"
February 1, 2008, 2:34 AM
MCCAIN CALLS ALITO "TOO CONSERVATIVE" -- - Bob Novak: Sources Confirm McCain's Disdain For Alito
January 31, 2008, 3:34 PM
John Edwards Drops Out, Endorses McCain - Scrappleface
January 31, 2008, 12:48 AM
Catchy title . . . - John McCain is an Outright Liar!
January 30, 2008, 8:14 PM
SOCIALIZED MEDICINE TURNS A DEAF EAR - Boy, 11, who was deaf for NINE years regains hearing... after cotton bud pops out of his ear
January 29, 2008, 1:14 AM
MCCAIN ATTACKS ON FELLOW REPUBLICANS -
culled by the Romney campaign:

"Defending His Amnesty Bill, Sen. McCain Lost His Temper And Screamed, 'F*ck You!’ At Texas Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX)." cont' . . .

-- The McCain Way: Attack Republicans
January 28, 2008, 3:34 PM
ANOTHER MOVIE RECOMMENDATION! -

BORDER

Review by Ned Rice: Illegal Immigration Documentary is Eye-Opening
January 28, 2008, 3:10 PM
MOVIE RECOMMENDATION: Religious Bigotry In America - DVD: Article VI: Faith, Politics, America
January 28, 2008, 12:36 PM
Democrat Governor's Son Selling "Adult" Board Game out of Governor's mansion - Son of Kan. Governor Creates Board Game
January 28, 2008, 3:27 AM
BEST QUOTE ON MCCAIN: -

"McCain seems to believe his wartime heroism entitles him to an unlimited moral bank account that he can withdraw from whenever it's in his self-interest to do something dishonest."

Kausfiles on "A desperate guy with a lot of self-righteousness"

January 27, 2008, 11:19 PM
MCCAIN ADVISOR: "MEXICO FIRST"! -

Juan Hernandez, McCain's Hispanic Outreach Director said:

--"We are betting that the Mexican American population in the United States will think Mexico first."

--"I never knew the border as a limitation. I'd be delighted if all of us could come and go between these two marvelous countries."

Quoted in Open Border Advocate Juan Hernandez Joins McCain Campaign!

See Also:Mark Krikorian: More Multiculturalism

January 25, 2008, 10:33 AM
NYT GIVES BOOST TO ROMNEY! - NYT EDITORIAL: Primary Choices: John McCain
January 24, 2008, 5:55 PM
DENNIS KUCINICH DROPS OUT OF PRESIDENTIAL RACE -

By the way, who is Dennis Kucinich?
January 23, 2008, 7:03 PM
MEXICO'S MEXICAN PROBLEM - Kausfiles: Another Country is complaining about an influx of Mexicans
January 23, 2008, 7:02 PM
When are the media going to call on John Edwards To Drop Out? - Edwards' Humiliation
January 23, 2008, 6:58 PM
The Great Mark Levin on the "Straight Talk Express" - Speak Up!
January 23, 2008, 6:55 PM
DIDN'T SOMETHING ELSE BIG HAPPEN IN 2001? -

Maybe in September? I can't remember exactly, but I know it was big . . .

Hillary Blamed Tax Cuts For 2001 Recession
January 23, 2008, 6:51 PM
CAN'T WE AT LEAST IMPRISON THEM? - Afghan journalism student given death sentence
January 23, 2008, 6:48 PM
MCCAIN ENDORSED BY GERMAN PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN - McCain Misstep: Putin Not German Prez
January 23, 2008, 6:44 PM
WOMAN FEELS "COMFORT" THAT BROTHER DIED DRINKING AND DRIVING FAST - Sister says 3 died doing what they loved: drinking, driving fast
January 23, 2008, 5:11 PM
HILLARY BUMPER STICKER -
January 23, 2008, 2:34 PM
ESPN HOSTESS SAYS "F--K JESUS" -

But at least she didn't say anything about a noose.

Catholic League Accuses ESPN's Dana Jacobson of Saying 'F--- Jesus'
January 23, 2008, 1:13 PM
ARCHBISHOP CONDEMNS PRO-ABORTION CATHOLIC COACH -

THIS JUST IN!

Archbishop Rips Rick Majerus for Support of Abortion Rights, Stem Cell Research

In other news, dog bites man.
January 21, 2008, 9:10 PM
ACTION ALERT: DO NOT MISS TONIGHT'S DEMOCRATIC DEBATE -

Replay at 1am on CNN

Edwards, the girl, switches horses and attacks Obama all night, applying to be Hillary's VP. (After Obama won the Iowa caucus, he sucked up to Obama in the next debate.) And Obama is subjected to a barrage of Clintonian lies. Now he knows what it's like to be a Republican.
January 21, 2008, 3:36 PM
Surprisingly good column by Stanley Fish - NYT: Against Independent Voters
January 21, 2008, 3:10 PM
UNIVERSITY BREACHES RULES TO CATCH HOMOPHOBE -

NYT "Ethicist": Anonymity Breach

If only the student had threatened to burn down the Pentagon, his "anonymous" evaluation might have remained anonymous.

January 21, 2008, 12:49 PM
FRANK RICH EXPOSED AS A FRAUD -

"Mr. Romney also dragged Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. into this campaign â€" claiming that he 'saw' his father, a civil-rights minded governor of Michigan, march with King in the 1960s. . . . Late last month The Boston Phoenix exposed this touching anecdote as a fraud. George Romney and King never marched together."

-- Frank Rich, Ronald Reagan Is Still Dead

Not according to two eye witnesses and a book by David Broder and Stephen Hess,"The Republican Establishment The President & Future of the G.O.P."

-- WITNESSES SAY MITT ROMNEY’S FATHER, MARTIN LUTHER KING MARCHED TOGETHER

The only remaining evidence that Romney, rather than Rich, is the liar is that the NYT did not mention the Republican governor, George Romney, in its report on the march. And everyone knows the NYT would never omit relevant information from a news story.

January 20, 2008, 10:07 PM
JESUS HELD FOR RANSOM IN MICHIGAN - Update:Jesus statue returned to owner
January 20, 2008, 3:56 PM
ALERT READER FINDS ALTERNATIVE "MCCAIN SUCKS" TOTEBAGS - Warning: John McCain Tote Bag
January 20, 2008, 1:22 AM
This probably didn't help -

"Mr. Thompson is good-old-boy sly. Asked a month ago to name his prized possession, he answered, 'Trophy wife.'�

--From Saturday's New York Times,NYT: "Thompson, Lingering in Midpack, Sticks to a Slow and Steady Strategy"

Not exactly "Reaganesque."

January 20, 2008, 1:03 AM
TIME TO MAKE MORE -

McCain Sucks totebag

No longer available. :(

January 17, 2008, 4:44 PM
POLITICAL ADVICE FROM THE ENEMY OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY -

TODAY'S NYT OP-ED PAGE:

TWO COLUMNS FAWNING OVER MCCAIN:

-- Roger Cohen: A Center Called McCain

-- Adrian Wooldridge: Mr. Right

Incorrectly claiming McCain voted against the Bush tax cuts "because he thought the goal of small government required Congress to cut spending also." In fact, what he said at the time was:

"I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us at the expense of middle-class Americans who need tax relief."--John McCain, May 2001

AND ONE COLUMN ATTACKING ROMNEY:

Gail Collins: The Anti-Charm Offensive

January 17, 2008, 2:54 PM
Herb Romerstein, author of The Venona Secrets: Exposing Soviet Espionage and America's Traitors - attacks National Review's ridiculous review of "Blacklisted By History"

Letter to National Review from Herbert Romerstein

A serious book deserves a serious review... [more]
January 16, 2008, 4:15 PM
HUCKABEE FLIP-FLOPS ON SMOKING -

His position seems to depend on his audience.

The Hill: Huckabee about-face on smoking

January 16, 2008, 12:53 AM
WHAT HAPPENED TO KUCINICH???? -

Democrats Reject Fairness and Democracy to Hurl Kucinich from Debate

Unaccountably, John Edwards was allowed to participate.

"Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich had hoped to have a seat at the table, but the Nevada Supreme Court ruled shortly before the debate began that MSNBC was legally entitled to prevent him from participating. It promptly did."

--My Way News: Clinton, Obama Vow to Bury Race Debate
January 15, 2008, 12:14 AM
SPECTACULAR NEWS! KUCINICH IN DEMOCRAT DEBATE TUES NIGHT! - EDWARDS ON THE RUN!

Judge grants Kucinich entry to NV Democratic presidential debate

January 14, 2008, 4:29 AM
RUMOR: DINER CONVERSATION MAY HAVE ENDED ROLLINS WITH HUCKABEE - American Spectator: MR. ED
January 14, 2008, 4:25 AM
MSNBC: DON'T DISS MUSLIM TERRORISTS! - Newsbusters: Olbermann Makes Fred Thompson 'Worst Person' for '72 Virgins' Joke
January 14, 2008, 4:22 AM
MCCAIN CAN'T GIVE "STRAIGHT TALK" ON SPECIAL INTEREST LOBBYISTS -

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) took a break from the presidential campaign trail in March to fly to a posh Utah ski resort, where he mingled with hundreds of top corporate executives assembled by J.P. Morgan Chase for its annual leadership conference.

McCain’s lobbyist army
January 14, 2008, 4:18 AM
MCCAIN CAN'T GIVE "STRAIGHT TALK" ON TAXES -

"I cannot in good conscience support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us at the expense of middle-class Americans who need tax relief."--John McCain, May 2001

-- McCain Abandons Concerns Over Bush Tax Cuts To Get 2008 Nomination
January 14, 2008, 4:14 AM
MCCAIN CAN'T GIVE "STRAIGHT TALK" ON ABORTION -

One example is what McCain said when he met with the editorial board of the very liberal San Francisco Chronicle on August 19, 1999:

"I'd love to see a point where it (Roe v. Wade) is irrelevant, and could be repealed because abortion is no longer necessary. But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe v. Wade, which would then force X number of women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations."

[snip]

In reality, however, McCain repeated similar arguments in at least three other interviews. At a campaign event, he said, "I would not seek to overturn Roe v. Wade tomorrow, because doing so would endanger the lives of women," World magazine reported on August 21. In a written release dated August 22, McCain said, "If Roe v. Wade were repealed tomorrow, it would force thousands of young women to undergo dangerous and illegal operations." And on Cable News Network on August 22, McCain said, "We all know, and it's obvious, that if we repeal Roe versus Wade tomorrow, thousands of young American women would be performing illegal and dangerous operations."

How John McCain Threatens the Pro-Life Cause

January 14, 2008, 4:05 AM
Great Quote -

"Romney and Giuliani are both articulate Republicans â€" and it is rare for the Republicans to have two at one time. Some presidential election years they haven't even had one."

-- Thomas Sowell in his column, Primary elections and secondary candidates

January 11, 2008, 3:56 PM
KEEP YOUR LAWS OFF OUR THERMOSTATS! -

More great ideas from live-and-let-live Democrats California Proposes Taking Control of Thermostats
January 10, 2008, 1:23 AM
COULTER'S RECOMMENDED READING: - Conrad Black's Richard M. Nixon: A Life in Full
January 10, 2008, 12:51 AM
RELIGION OF PEACE UPDATE - 'Family turned a blind eye' as teenage bride was beaten to death by arranged husband
January 9, 2008, 5:58 PM
TECHNOLOGY BREAKTHROUGH ON HILLARY CAMPAIGN! - New Emoticon Chip "Working Perfectly" Says Clinton Handler
January 9, 2008, 3:18 PM
VIDEO: SHOCKINGLY STUPID QUESTIONS ASKED BY ACCESS HOLLYWOOD - Hillary's Preparation For Her Crying Game | Sweetness & Light
January 9, 2008, 3:00 PM
VIDEO: Slate: Stupidest Moments From Campaign Night Coverage -

Note especially Cooper Anderson and the Magic Hologram!
January 9, 2008, 5:14 AM
RASH EXPERIMENT WITH WOMEN'S SUFFRAGE FAILS - Women Backed Clinton, Exit Polls Show
January 8, 2008, 5:26 PM
Another group annoyed by feminists - LA Times: Changing abortion's pronoun
January 8, 2008, 2:18 AM
TRUTH CHECK: MCCAIN AND ILLEGAL ALIENS - McCain's Immigration Fibs
January 3, 2008, 3:13 PM
ANOTHER "LIFE-LONG REPUBLICAN": HENRY LOWENSTEIN - Bush-bashing 'Republican' Henry Lowenstein, NYT's Favorite
January 3, 2008, 2:15 PM
GO ANGLOS! -

"Luis Padilla, 48, a banker who has lived in Miami since he arrived from Colombia 14 years ago, greeted the ascendance of Hispanic surnames enthusiastically.

“It shows we’re getting stronger,� Mr. Padilla said. “If there’s that many of us to outnumber the Anglo names, it’s a great thing.�

-- NYT: In U.S. Name Count, Garcias Are Catching Up With Joneses
January 3, 2008, 1:47 PM
BONUS! EVANS RESPONDS TO HALF-WIT RADOSH! - THE BOOK ON MCCARTHY
January 3, 2008, 12:07 PM
Letter from an Ex-National Review Reader: -
E. Roy Smith December 12, 2007

Mr. Wm. F. Buckley National Review 215 Lexington Ave. New York, N.Y. 10016

Dear Mr. Buckley:

First, a little history. I have been a subscriber to National Review since Vol. 1 No. 1. Second, over the years I responded regularly to your pleas for financial help in the aggregate of thousands of dollars. In short, I have been a NR guy.

On the conclusion of my first reading of Ron Radosh's review of Stan Evans’ book on McCarthy, I sat stunned for the better part of an hour. Rereading this piece with disbelief, I felt like a virtuous and loving husband who had just discovered his wife was having an affair with a local whoremonger.

I know you are retired from active management at NR but it is hard to imagine you didn't ask to personally review this piece considering your long history with the subject, your long personal and professional friendship with Evans and the fact that NR has carried his name forever on its mast as a contributor.

Anyway, having published daily newspapers for forty-five years I know things fall through the cracks, but where in hell was the editor? Busy becoming a TV celebrity exchanging inane talk with that consummate idiot, Alan Colmes?

I will leave it to Evans to rebut chapter and verse of this hatchet job of quibbles but permit me to scold you for so letting NR readers and Evans down (surely inadvertently). Any trained, responsible editor would have had alarm bells ringing by the reviewer’s charge of plagiarism by Evans and thus disqualified.

In the closing paragraph of the review, Radosh states: "(Evans) own exaggerations and unwarranted leaps parallel those made by McCarthy."

Holy Jesus, Mr. Buckley. Terrible, vicious, slanderous, you name it. Six years Evans spent researching and writing in an effort to explain how difficult it was to defend our freedom, our civilization from its mortal enemy reduced to vulgarism.

May God have mercy on us.

Best wishes, (E. Roy Smith)

Cc: Richard Lowry

1100 Astral l Dr. • Los Angeles, CA 90046 • Tel: 323-874-8747
January 2, 2008, 6:28 PM
John Edwards' Neighborhood Goes Downhill - Edwards ‘Slummy’ Neighbor Moves, Sign Stays
Item Archives

GOP TO EDWARDS: HOW MUCH FOR THAT CONCESSION SPEECH?
January 30, 2008

The Democrats are trying to give away an election they should win in a walk by nominating someone with real problems -- like, for example, a first-term senator with a 100 percent rating from Americans for Democratic Action and whose middle name is "Hussein."

But we won't let them.

The bright side of the Florida debacle is that I no longer fear Hillary Clinton. (I mean in terms of her becoming president -- on a personal level, she's still a little creepy.) I'd rather deal with President Hillary than with President McCain. With Hillary, we'll get the same ruinous liberal policies with none of the responsibility.

Also, McCain lies a lot, which is really more a specialty of the Democrats.

Recently, McCain responded to Mitt Romney's statement that he understood the economy based on his many years in the private sector by claiming Romney had said a military career is not a "real job."

McCain's neurotic boast that he is the only Republican who supported the surge is beginning to sound as insane as Bill Clinton's claim to being the "first black president" -- although less insulting to blacks. As with the Clintons, you find yourself looking up such tedious facts as this, which ran a week after Bush announced the surge:

"On the morning of Bush's address, Romney endorsed a troop surge." -- The National Journal, Jan. 13, 2007

And yet for the 4 billionth time, at the Jan. 5, 2008, Republican debate, McCain bragged about his own raw courage in supporting the surge despite (apocryphal) Republican attacks, saying: "I said at the time that Gen. Petraeus and his strategy must be employed, and I was criticized by Republicans at that time. And that was a low point, but I stuck to it. I didn't change."

A review of contemporaneous news stories about the surge clearly demonstrates that the only Republicans who were so much as "skeptical" of the surge consisted of a few oddball liberal Republicans such as Sens. Gordon Smith, Norm Coleman and Olympia Snowe.

They certainly weren't attacking McCain, their standard-bearer in liberal Republicanism. But even if they were, it was a "low point" for McCain being "criticized" by the likes of Olympia Snowe?

In point of fact, McCain didn't even stand up to the milquetoasts. In April 2007, when Democrats in the Senate passed a bill funding the troops but also requiring a rapid withdrawal, "moderate" Republicans Smith and Chuck Hagel voted with the Democrats. McCain and Lindsey Graham skipped the vote.

But like the Democrats, McCain thinks if he simply says something over and over again, he can make people believe it's true. Thus again at the South Carolina debate on Jan. 10, McCain was proclaiming that he was "the only one on this stage" who supported the surge.

Since he would deny it about two minutes later, here is exactly what Mr. Straight Talk said about the surge: "I supported that; I argued for it. I'm the only one on this stage that did. And I condemn the Rumsfeld strategy before that."

The next question went to Giuliani and -- amid great flattery -- Giuliani noted that he also supported Bush's surge "the night of the president's speech."

Mr. Straight Talk contradicted Giuliani, saying: "Not at the time."

Again, Giuliani said: "The night of the president's speech, I was on television. I supported the surge. I've supported it throughout."

To which McCain finally said he didn't mean that he was "the only one on this stage" who supported the surge. So by "the only one on this stage," McCain really meant, "one of several people on this stage." OK, great. Now tell us your definition of the word "is," Senator.

I know Republicans have been trained not to go prostrate at Ivy League degrees, but do we have to admire stupidity?

Mr. Straight Talk also announced at that same debate: "One of the reasons why I won in New Hampshire is because I went there and told them the truth." That and the fact that Democrats were allowed to vote in the Republican primary.

Even in the Florida primary, allegedly limited to Republicans, McCain lost among Republicans. (Seventeen percent of the Republican primary voters in Florida called themselves "Independents.")

That helps, but why would any Republican vote for McCain?

At least under President Hillary, Republicans in Congress would know that they're supposed to fight back. When President McCain proposes the same ideas -- tax hikes, liberal judges and Social Security for illegals -- Republicans in Congress will support "our" president -- just as they supported, if only briefly, Bush's great ideas on amnesty and Harriet Miers.

You need little flags like that for Republicans since, as we know from the recent unpleasantness in Florida, Republicans are unalterably stupid.

Republicans who vote for McCain are trying to be cute, like the Democrats were four years ago by voting for the "pragmatic" candidate, Vietnam vet John Kerry. This will turn out to be precisely as clever a gambit as nominating Kerry was, the brilliance of which was revealed on Election Day 2004

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Already you are raising the white flag and making up excuses why McCain lost the election. Not the straight fact that the beloved one had a lot to do with why Americans are so disillusioned by the Reps. Let us not forget also those brave soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq. I know the Righties want to forget them and blame all their ills on McCain.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
But he's got MORE of a clue than you do queen... AND he actually votes! Tup:

I bet this rain's got the manure heaped and steamin'... just the way you like it! :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Let us not forget also those brave soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq. I know the Righties want to forget them
Sir John,

The American service man is the greatest man in the world and those who have given their lives will always be remembered and honored by ALL Americans who cherish and value their freedom. Tup:

They (American Soldiers, Sailors and Marines) have done and continue to do great things all over the world. clap:

In fact many of our brave GI's were stationed in England in the 1940's while training and preparing for the invasion of France to drive back the Nazis and end their stronghold and ultimately liberate Europe. Tup:

It's been widely reported that the young Brittish lasses were quite smitten :oops: by the brave American GI's that were stationed in Great Britain who were getting ready to save them and their country.

When they weren't training for the invaision of Normandy, in their off time the American GI's were 'entertained' by the English girls who were sooooo fond of the handsome young Yanks. Tup:

Wasn't that time in the 1940's when all those handsome American GI's were in U.K. being 'entertained' by so many English girls approximately about 9 months before you born Sir John? light:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
The French chicks were hotter Birch... their little maid outfits and all... :D

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Tough Titty Birch at least I know who my father is. ;)

If the Righties want to remember them why is it that there is not much mention of Iraq by your candidates. If you have heard differently then please post what they have been saying lately.

One of the reasons our lasses entertained your troops was because they did not want them to be Reps in public toilets. ;)

Oh by the way not one of you has chastised me for mentioning the beloved one. What's a matter nowt to say because I am correct.

You are just storing up your excuses as to why America has not voted in another Rep. At least the Cons over here did not start an outcry until after Tony Blair took power.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Most English drink so much to drown their sorrows that at the end of the night they cannot tell Quim from Arse and by default are buggers of boys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts