Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I fished the flowing water of the Snake above Asotin on Sat. 10/2/99 with great success. Together we fished about 8 hrs from shore and hooked/played 7 steelhead, successfully landing 4 fish, keeping 3 clipped fish. Threw back one nice 26 incher that was a native. Besides the one tossed back, we caught one other 26 incher that was weighed by the game dept. agent at 6lbs, 2 fish @ 24 inches and 1 at 23inches. The steelhead are in absolutely perfect condition; bright, shiny, clean skin, FAT and healthy. We also had numerous hits (4+) where we never even got a chance to "set the hook", so needless to say we had great action all day long. Smallies are still biting also. Tight lines!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fishing is picking up. Landed one small hen and have netted a couple fish for neighboring fisherman. I am fishing from the bank using bobbers and jigs tipped with shrimp. Every time I go I get a couple bites. They are pretty soft so you have to try and keep the slack out of the line. Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last week I fished for steelhead on the Snake from confluence of the Snake and Clearwater Rivers down to WaWaiWai Canyon. Best luck marking fish was by Nisqually John Landing and upstream. Fish were biting soft and when hooked they ran straight at us. Lost a few, caught a few, and ended up with a 13 lb 7 oz keeper. Put in 12 hrs with two in the boat. Several fishers from boats and shore were also taking fish. Sunday we fished in the Asotin area. Hooked some, marked a lot of fish, and ran out of time. Had to head home to Spokane. Rain and snow mix coming. Best steelie time for me. Use slip bobbers and shrimp with "salt shrimp" flavor Smelly Jelly from shore. Use red, purple, black/silver metal flake(Michael Jackson lure), blue/silver plugs daytime. Nightime the lighted lures in red, clear, and green worked. Tight lines!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went fishing twice in the last two weeks. We hooked 6 and boated two the first day (11-02-02), two natives and two hatcheries. The biggest was 34 inches and the other was about 27 inches. On the second trip, hooked 8, boated four, the biggest was 30 inches and the other was about 25 inches. Bet luck was back trolling wigglewarts either blue and silver or black with silver sparkles, tipped with shrimp and shrimp scent.We fished about 1 mile downstream from Hellers bar.I would like any info on bank fishing with spoons or spinners and float fishing. TIGHT LINES!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fishing on friday below hells canyon dam to wild sheep was slow the 7th and 8th because of high water, but on the 9th the water was back to normal and it was full steelie action, lots of hookups and landed fish. row and shrimp got best results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts