Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I made smoked chicken using Duro’s brine (I’ve used it before) and it came out perfect. The only thing I do different is to cut the tail and back completely out and lay the chicken flat on the smoker rack. I don’t halve or quarter it because I think it is juicer if you don’t cut it all up.

Nobody in my house likes the backs or tails so I freeze and save them until I have 4 or 5 and then I use them to make chicken soup or homemade chicken stock.

I also tried something new to me… smoked acorn squash and it was very good.

Pretty simple…

Smoked Acorn Squash

Cut an acorn squash in half, remove seeds, brush entire thing (including the skin) with olive oil, lightly salt and pepper inside and smoke cut side down @ 225 degrees for 2 hours or until tender.

I usually serve acorn squash with a simple sauce made with butter, brown sugar and a little real maple syrup.

·
Super Moderator
32,972 Posts
Slowleak said:
Yesterday I made smoked chicken using Duro’s brine (I’ve used it before) and it came out perfect. The only thing I do different is to cut the tail and back completely out and lay the chicken flat on the smoker rack. I don’t halve or quarter it because I think it is juicer if you don’t cut it all up.
I will have to try that next time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts