Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's not a day that goes by that at least 5 Mexicans ask me for work outside a supplier's store front. I politely say no.
This got me thinking about how many Mexicans are out of work now, and what are they going to do. They are illegal so they don't file taxes or attempt to collect unemployment. I think many will go back to Mexico with their heads hung low, but what will the others do when they are desperate? Most of the money they make is sent back to Mexico, so many will stay and do anything to continue supporting their families.
It costs $2000-3000 to a coyote to cross the border. That money is usually funded by family members in the United States. If there is no work here, there is no money to pay for others to come.
I predict a mass exodus of illegal aliens back to Mexico.

·
Registered
755 Posts
2-3000 sounds a little cheap, most of the local farm help I know will tell me it's over 5 grand to get across the border these days, and I work with alot of Mexican's on the dairies I work for on a regular basis

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Unless an illegal using a false SS number is working in the underground/black market economy, he gets deductions and pays Federal Taxes just like anyone else does.

Since he is illegal, what he doesn't do in many cases is file a 10-40 ............... :D
Or collect the SS he pays into.

Latest price I heard was 3500 for safe transit 50 miles inland.

Your experience may vary.................... :shock:

I was general manager for a larger company about 12 years ago, and one of our employess evidently has a 'bad SS number' What happens usually is you get a 'no match' letter from SS, but this case was different.
The 85 year old woman's attorney called , and the income reported under that number was causing her SS payment to be reduced. That employee no longer worker there, and so I told her so. Offered to assist (write a letter, send documentation etc. ) in whatever way I could to expedite resolution of the problem for her client.

She pointed out that it shouldn't be too hard, seeing as 85 year old women typically don't take seasonal construction jobs 1000 miles from home..................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts