Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Drifted S.Fork w/well known local Joe A, hopes were high, and rod tips pointed low, fished 15-mins for first hookup, chrome bright 8lb hen, unfortunately was a native? Or just un-clipped fish. released fish along-side boat. Drifted another looooong couple hours, Temp. about 27 degrees,brrrrrr, with typical breeze blowing up-river. Managed too scratch out another fish also a native as had more natural copper color, this one being about 10-12 pd.range and definately healthy (full of fight). Fished on down after releasing at boat side other fish, had one more take down and missed it. Would not recommend going as we worked a lot of water, and only action was us, stay home and chop fire-wood.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Fished the South Fork at the Canyon Creek confluence. South Fork muddy with clay silt. The Canyon Creek running high and brown. I had a few small trout chasers but nothing to keep. Met a local named Mike, said this was a hot spot, but he didn't get anything either. I need help! I'm new to the area and want to catch fish. What do you do that works? Where are the big fish I heard of? Send ideas to me; [email protected] ANY HELP would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts