Game Fishing Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #61
Fished at Reiter today for the late morning bite and at the wallace for first light to try and get a king before the river closes. got a fifteen inch jack in the morning, and a bright chrome hatchery brat at reiter. It's slow, but steady for those who know the hole.

G

·
Discussion Starter #62
Headed up up Reiter today since the water came down, for the last couple hours of light. Not even a bite for the 5 or so people that were there including both sides. Talked with one guy who said he saw nothing caught all day.

G

·
Discussion Starter #63
Well I made an early morning of it today. Up at 3:30 to be at the river an hour before sunrise, trying to get one last shot at the Kings before it closes saturday. I ended up with a nice king 15 lbs. The mouth of the Wallace has changed, they hold at the tail out at the very far end of the hole, and I can get to it just use 2 oz cannonball and long leader I like to wade in the middle of the sky.

The guides pulled 8 out from under me about a half hour after daylight. Got very happy when I went up to reiter where I hooked a 7 nice steelhead. I had another giant on and it on for a while, was calm and playing it out and BAM! Broke my hook. Not my line, not my swivel, my hook. Spent a lot of time fighting with the line on the bottom, some fish came up, but I was tired and cold, I didn't bring enough layers and it rained. Blech. Reiter's consistently putting out a ton of fish for those who put there time in and know the drift I just hate those bobber guys so much. I've been up there about five times in the past couple weeks and have been doing really good almost punching out my steelhead card. I also dialed in a secret weapon that drives steelhead CRAZY. Just use black yarn and a long leader like fly guys do. If you see me on the river look for me, I will be hot in my brown neoprenes. I'll show you how I rig this secret, use 2 hooks, it's incredible.

G

·
Discussion Starter #64
Fished Reiter on the HWY side and not even a bit. The pond side did have 4 fish caught though. Later on in the moring a guy pulled out a 8 pounder. Used bobber and jig. Just was not my day. Good luck all.

G

·
Discussion Starter #65
Fished Reiter Pond in the morning for a few hours. Saw 1 caught and two other average fish walked out. Other than that no luck. Water was cold and pretty clear considering how high the water has been.

G

·
Discussion Starter #66
water aint high running 4 thousand or so. anyways got to reiter. got my rock. 2 hours later i got my limit. not biguns but both still kinda bright. seen about 10 all morn. fished from 7- 9. my co worker went down after i did and got his limit. he said he was at cable hole and guys was slammin em there. i got mine on areo jigs friend got his on corky and yarn.

G

·
Discussion Starter #67
fished behind the prison twitching a squid jig. hooked 6 lost 6 my luck sucks but still fun. used a little 18 buck trout rod so it was quite the fun

Edited by Easy Limits on 8/29/2011.

G

·
Discussion Starter #69
Nailed a 18lb mint chinook on Friday morning out side of Sultan and a 9 lb steelhead Saturday at Reiter with a gold and silver Pen-Tac spinner

G

·
Discussion Starter #70
Floated the sky started at sultan bridge all the salmon are literally by sultan the river is full with fish everywhere hooked and landed my limit fish. The closer to minroe the more chrome fish are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went this morning in monroe walked down and then up from bridge saw to fish caught upstream fish started Rollin Around 1130 unfortunately I had prior plans and had to leave when action started. Same gear pink DN although I prefer corky and yarn with scent. Good luck

61 - 72 of 72 Posts