Game Fishing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #41
Nice water color and height at Reiter Ponds. Fishing was a bust. On the way home had a opportunity to scope out Ben Howard boat launch too. Water is low to launch a driftboat of sled.

G

·
Discussion Starter #42
Fished from 8 am till 2pm all over the sky from lewis treet up to the wallace. no bites, no fish rolling, nothing. nothing for anyone else I saw either.

G

·
Discussion Starter #43
I started at Thomas eddy around 9:00 AM on the Snohomish, nothing, no bites, no fish rolling or jumping. i then tried behing the state prison, lots of people fishing,again no action. I stoped st the Lewis bridge, I saw one jump on the south side. I then fished the public access on Ben howard RD, one jump on the far side were the water is slower, no bites. checked the mouth of the Sultan, lots people, no action, one jumped on the NE corner. Went up to the Wallace and fished just downstream fromt the old roadside park, nothing.Checked out the Sky at Startup, no visible fish. Stopped back at Thomas on my way home, lost some gear and called it a day. I saw alot of fish at Thomas on Tuesday, one caught on the south side, lots of pressure, these fish may all have been caught??

G

·
Discussion Starter #45
Fished Under 522 at 7 am, 10 guys casting spoons n no fish. Saw three roll on the far side (west). Went up to the drift behind the prison, saw 1 roll but then saw a fn sea lion swimming around! had no idea a lion would be all the way up in Monroe! needless to say we bailed and headed up to the wallace, hooked into a huge dark king and it broke me off. hopefully the coho show up soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter #46
cold and windy. fished hwy side across reeter. got one 4th cast with spoon. lost my 2nd fish because was lightin my cig and bobber down but then back up. finally got the hook to stick about eleven o clock am on pink white jig. guys below me had limits walking back. reiter guys looked like they were all getting fish. great day and just in time to go watch football.

G

·
Discussion Starter #47
hit up reeter this mornin. fished 3 hours and took home limit of steele. 12 and 15 lbs. counted 17 fish from all of us bankies. talked to gamie who said they spied a few hundred fish in the lower river pushin thru!! hwy side was doin good from where i could see. i'll be back tomorrow. good luck and god bless.

G

·
Discussion Starter #48
dont walk but run!!! Metalheads are stacked. Limited in 45 minutes this morning. 2 8pounders. Lost a good one. Usin corky and yarn. Counted 15 when i was leaving. Fished highway side below reiter.

G

·
Discussion Starter #49
lots of brats caught. Got two early. Fished just below cable hole. Fish are line shy so go light boys. Both my fish were just shy of ten pounds chrome as can be. Get a spot early. The light pressure is lights out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #50
6/11/2011 Started day late about 1:00PM fished Monroe bridge boat launch south side had lots of bites but only managed to land one eggsoffthe bottom watch your line they're bite is light go getem boys!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #51
I went to the Sky the other day below Reiter. I tried to figure out where 1000ft was below but its a little tough since I forgot my "world record in length" tape measure. Why can't they put up markers instead of trying to bust people in the "gray" areas !?! Anyways, had 5 on. Lost 4 quick with some headshakes cuz I couldn't set the hook fast enough and one I fought for a couple mins. It did a couple nice aerials then ran straight for a big boulder and busted my off. Oh well, it was a learning experience on how to keep my line with as little slack as possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter #52
I fished big eddy. 5 bait fisherman stood in my way. I got below them. 1oz cannonball and kinda long leader to not spook the fish and small black corky. Bait guys didnt get any bites. 45 min go by and felt a nibble. Set the hook and fish on!! Got me 15 pound buck!! Ha ha ha bait guys were so jealous!! My first sky king!

G

·
Discussion Starter #53
picked up my limit at cable hole. left around 2 then went to reiter to scope out good holes for tomorrow. the fish are really stacked up there. there wasnt a minute goin by when one didnt roll or jump. i talked to a worker out there and he said he seen hundreds and hundreds schooling up going up and down between the boulders. cant wait for tomorrow. seen some nice size kings too with my polarized glasses.

G

·
Discussion Starter #54
What a day! Reiter put out limits like i have never seen in 20yrs of fishing. You wet your line you got fish. Big brite fish up and down the banks. Everything got bit.

G

·
Discussion Starter #55
Very crowded. Must be patient. 5 of us got 9 fish. Not hot but pretty good for high water. Pink and white jigs.

G

·
Discussion Starter #56
Fished reiter below the hatch. The water is way up and dirty making bank fishing almost impossible cuz there is now very little spots. Fishing has slowed down a lot because of the large #'s of people coming and going. Snags every where and the fish are spooked. I only saw 3 fish caught in about 5 hours worth of fishing.

G

·
Discussion Starter #57
managed to make the morning show at reiter today. got there at 6:45. The water dropped about a foot. A bunch of bobber folks were in my way so I put on my 10 ft leader and size 5/0 hook and small peach corky. I was using my GL Steelhead series rod 9ft. I love this rod like bacon. 3rd cast I felt a tug and set the hook. I babied it at first but it took off I landed it. The bobber folks were so mad!! It measured 32 inches and 17 pounds. Dont know about you but I have been catching fish with my set up and I use braid drifting. I will never lose a fish.

G

·
Discussion Starter #58
Reiter is very slow. only a couple caught from the creek down to the tailout. Hope the runs not over yet...

G

·
Discussion Starter #59
banked hwy 2 side about 70 yards across reeter. I got one at first lite on a pink and white jig about 10 pounds. watched 4 others get landed from both sides. got to cable hole and promptly lost 1. hour later after netting 3 fish from dudes i got my limit. all fish are starting to turn a bit but meat was red as a can be. walking back talked to homeowner said he seen over 50 fish being walked out this week alone. he said watch out for break ins. been happening a lot so be big brother out there everyone.

G

·
Discussion Starter #60
got late start fished cable hole. got a dolly on a spoon and a nice native steelhead on a pink jig. later in the day i got a hatchery on a pink jig tipped with prawn. guys below and above me had fish. about 15 total. reeter looked packed but lots of nets were being used. heard of a 18 pounder caught on corky and yarn.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts