Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I haven't been out fishing for the last 2 months or so, I was going to try and hit the Skook on Monday, but I have no idea what's going on down there. Any reports or info would be appreciated. I haven't seen anything on it for a while, and I haven't fished it since this time last year.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the update. That's all I was looking for. Hopefully, I'll have a good report for everyone.

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
But she got a nice fish!! Tup:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Where do you fish at on the Skookumchuck? Toward Centralia and is it just plunking from the bank or by Bucoda drift fishing? Is there bank access?
I have never been there but I know of people who fish it for trout in the summer.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! Lots of great info overnight. Some nice pics in there too.

WannaFish, the Skook is pretty easy to fish as it's a small trib. Take a look at Google Maps and find johnson Creek Rd. Zoom in near the Skook Resevoir and you'll see the hatchery just below. You'll be able to fish the bank from the resevoir for the next few miles if you have the legs for it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I hit the Skook this morning for about 5 hours with quite a few others. I can confirm that there are quite a few old silvers still swimming about because I managed to hook a big buck with my jig and float set-up which was the only fish I touched all morning. I didn't see or hear of any other fish being landed that were worth taking home. The water looked great, though, and I might be back on Wednesday.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I went to bed late and got up late so I went to the Carbon (close to home). I didn't get anything there. There wasn't any other fishingpeople just an egale.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Where is the Skook? Saturday is the day i'll be taking to fish all day. Skook sounds good to me... and looks good.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Most of the fish caught in the upper end near the dam in Feb are actually fish that came in January typically. Feb isn't the best month for prime fish, the run is getting earlier every year. They are definitely winter fish though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice big fish there! Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow, if I go. Anyone else planning on skipping work and going mid-week?

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can get chrome on the Skookumchuck but ya got to get them on the way up. Up at the rearing ponds they darken up quickly.

Pop Quiz Where do the Silvers raised at the rearing ponds go?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts