Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to fish Junior, his buddy, Papa and I launched at HM park at 7:30. Overall it was a wet one out there. AS I motored up river I looked to the sky and asked the Almighty to give us a good day. He simply smiled as we motored on by... :mrgreen:

We then fished it hard for a few hours before the boys were whining about needing food. What else do 14 years olds do... these guys are eating machines...

Finally Juniors buddy hooks up ... I got a fish! I got a fish. After a few good hard runs he showed his rookieness and allowed it under the boat to eventually snap the 8lb leader like nothing.

Saw Keysrob and Mitch and I know they had 1 fish on board since he held up only 1 finger as we drifted by :D

Also saw JandJ and many other familiar faces ... hope it was good for you guys as well.

Right after we get tied back up and hit it again the wifey calls "hows it going" ... I tell her things are looking up with 1 lost and now we have a couple of Blondes on the boat keeping us company :mrgreen: . You know you have been married too long when all you get is a "yea...whatever" comment back :eek: . I wasnt kidding though Tup:

We then went up to the Barnabee Slew (I think that is what they call it?) where Junior and his buddy proceed to hook and flop :twisted: two more "somethings" since we didnt get to see either. Can you say Rookies :ugeek:

As we drifted downriver you just knew the bite was coming on as the natives were getting restless ...

We kept on pounding water after water ...going through egg jar #2 when I cast up into the corner of a tailout and ...

WHAMMO ... this fun little 8lb buck gave quite a show. I think he thought he was bigger :mrgreen: as it made about 4 long runs and then circled the boat before finally secumbing to the mariners stick of wood shampoo Tup: . He will be sitting next to the mashed potatoes in a matter of minutes clap:

Merry Christmas to all and may all your dreams come true. I am blessed to have family and friends who are willing to do what it takes to share my passions in life and 2008 is going to bring many more Tup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Looks like a fun day on the river with the pics and reports... Way to play guide and catch a fsh.

clap:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Great story and pics Chuck, at least you got to show them how it's done Tup:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had a good time.

We started with the water at an easy 10 feet of visibility so I switched to the smallest dark red/black corkie in between 2 #4 hooks. Tiny cluster of eggos...

By days end the river had come up over a foot and was almost too fast in some spots to get any decent drift. The spots above the launch stayed good so we finished out the day there and it was a good but lucky call.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Looks like a tough day of fishing out there. I guess I don't feel too bd abouthaving to work! Sorry I couldn't come through with the shore lunch. Looks like you did OK though.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
great report! Love watchin the kids fish. They will get em next time.
Tup:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
great pics. glad to see you guys had a great time chuck

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
You got some great pics there SJ, great report Tup:

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Nice catch, Chuck. That's the first steelhead I've ever seen you pictured with! :D

You missed a heck of a lunch... we looked for you but you must have been upriver from us.

You should have seen the fight I had with a might whitefish. :roll:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Way to go SJ. I'm sure Junior's friend thought being out in the boat was cool enough. Fighting fish was a total bonus. Nice job! Merry Christmas, T

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
SportJet,

I used to drive up to the Skagit just to watch the eagles and I thought I would miss them when I moved over here to the east side of the state. But I found out that we have them here at Banks Lake... year round.

I am glad to see you were able to find some nice fish there during your trip to the Skagit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts