Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking off my dock with my 10,000,000 candle power spotlight and I see a bunch of what look like ghost shrimp. I showed my fiance and she asked if people eat them. Anyone ever heard of people eating them? Its pretty cool watching all those tiny eyes look up at you from the bottom of the bay. Silly question I know, but just wondering. this is what they look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TRAUT said:
How big are they, Rook? They look like they'd be tasty to me.
Everywere from 1/2 inch to about 4 inches.

·
Registered
85 Posts
When we spend the night on the boat out in Friday harbor the kids go out at night and net these under the lights on the docks...I believe coonstripe or "dock" shrimp are what they are...I can vouch that they are tasty if you get enough of 'em.....

Silverhammer

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
If they are Ghost Shrimp you should be able to take 10 each for a Daily Limit, Year Round, no size limit.(Unclassified Marine Inverebrate)

If they are Sand Shrimp, then 10 Dozen Daliy

All other Shrimp open in May.

"TRAPPER"

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
They are OK to eat, they look like the same ones I used to catch of the Des Moines Pier. Figured out quick that they make better summer run bait. Tup:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool thanks guys, I think I might try to catch a few dozen for some bait, maybe 3 or 4 for the deep fry see how they taste? If you never hear from me again dont eat the shrimp!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts