Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys but I have had it with the media and all their praise for Obama. He has never done a freaking thing yet they treat him like he is the second coming of you know who. What's the big deal? Give me a break. sick:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
EXACTLY!

He gives a decent speech that doesn't really give you any clues or answers... he's a master of double speak.

That's it. That's all there is folks!

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I think we should all put together a 'Write a Barack Obama speech' game. light:

Who ever could use the words 'Change and Hope' the most while speaking in naive generalizations and platitudes basically saying NOTHING but still managing to sound inspirational wins!!!! clap: clap:

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
I don't know what all the hype is about.

I cannot stand listening to anyone who mumbles and stutters and has to think for a split second before the words reach his lips. He's a horrible public speaker. sick:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Birch Barlow said:
I think we should all put together a 'Write a Barack Obama speech' game. light:

Who ever could use the words 'Change and Hope' the most while speaking in generalizations and platitudes basically saying nothing but managing to sound inspirational wins!!!! clap: clap:
LMAO :lol:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I cannot stand listening to anyone who mumbles and stutters and has to think for a split second before the words reach his lips. He's a horrible public speaker
:D :D :D :D :D :D

If Obama is a horrible public speaker... what does that make George W. Bush??? :?

Mister nukular strategery with the childrens hisself! clown: clown:

The reason you folks don't like him is because you KNOW he's probably gonna be our next president. :p

He's the PERFECT politician! He draws HUGE, rabidly enthusiastic crowds and promises them NOTHING! That way he can't be held responsible for making empty promises that he can't keep. Obama is doing it right from a purely political standpoint and it appears to be paying off.

In order to really see his appeal... you have to put yourselves in his supporter's shoes. See him through their eyes.

There IS one course of action you CAN take... if he gets the Democratic nomination... just don't vote for him.

There'll be 2 African-Americans, a rich, Harvard-educated white guy and 4 young white women for each of you who will... wink: :D

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
He's the PERFECT politician! He draws HUGE, rabidly enthusiastic crowds and promises them NOTHING!
He's promised to get us out of Iraq as soon as he takes office and I'm sure that's a promise he will break.

Other than that, he's a punk hack from Illinois. A state that garners VERY little respect from me when it comes to politics. I'm not going to defend Bush and say anything nice, but I'm not going to let you whitewash the black guy either.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Thanks for the insight fishslave... There may be hope...

Surprise, surprise.

Dick Cheney and Barack Obama are cousins.

Eighth cousins--distant enough they could marry in states that recognized gay unions, but I digress.

While researching her ancestry for her new book, "Blue Skies, No Fences," a memoir about growing up in Wyoming, Lynne Cheney found the tie.

"Sen. Obama is a descendent of Maureen Duvall. This French Huguenot's son married the granddaughter of a Richard Cheney, who arrived in Maryland in the late 1650's from England."
- said Ginny Justice, a spokeswoman for Lynne Cheney.

"This is such an amazing American story that one ancestor ... could be responsible down the family lines for lives that have taken such different and varied paths as Dick's and Barack Obama."
- Lynne Cheney told MSNBC.

A spokesman for Obama offered a tongue-in-cheek response...

"Every family has a black sheep."
- said spokesman Bill Burton.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Webo said:
I cannot stand listening to anyone who mumbles and stutters and has to think for a split second before the words reach his lips. He's a horrible public speaker
:D :D :D :D :D :D

If Obama is a horrible public speaker... what does that make George W. Bush??? :?

Mister nukular strategery with the childrens hisself! clown: clown:

The reason you folks don't like him is because you KNOW he's probably gonna be our next president. :p

He's the PERFECT politician! He draws HUGE, rabidly enthusiastic crowds and promises them NOTHING! That way he can't be held responsible for making empty promises that he can't keep. Obama is doing it right from a purely political standpoint and it appears to be paying off.

In order to really see his appeal... you have to put yourselves in his supporter's shoes. See him through their eyes.

There IS one course of action you CAN take... if he gets the Democratic nomination... just don't vote for him.

There'll be 2 African-Americans, a rich, Harvard-educated white guy and 4 young white women for each of you who will... wink: :D
I can guarantee I won’t vote for him but that’s not the point. What’s the attraction?

I don't think Obama supporters even know why they like him. At least Hillary voters can tell you they want healthcare and McCain voters tell you they want tax cuts for the rich. What do Obama supporters say. "We want Change!" I have a couple of quarters in the ashtray in my car. There's some change. Even that is more than Obama says.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
You gotta remember Viper... most of his supporters are young idealists. They are attracted to the romantic notion that major change may be coming to this country... even if they don't know the specifics of that change.

The mere fact of Obama getting elected would constitute a huge change to the status-quo of our presidents ALWAYS being older rich white guys... so that's a BIG one right there.

Our first black president who is actually black! Tup:

While we cynical, been-around-the-block-a-few-times realists may see right through the facade... minorities, women and younger voters who have all felt disenfranchised when it comes to having their views represented finally are seeing a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel with Obama... and that appears to be good enough for them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Webo said:
You gotta remember Viper... most of his supporters are young idealists. They are attracted to the romantic notion that major change may be coming to this country... even if they don't know the specifics of that change.

The mere fact of Obama getting elected would constitute a huge change to the status-quo of our presidents ALWAYS being older rich white guys... so that's a BIG one right there.

Our first black president who is actually black! Tup:

While we cynical, been-around-the-block-a-few-times realists may see right through the facade... minorities, women and younger voters who have all felt disenfranchised when it comes to having their views represented finally are seeing a light at the end of the proverbial tunnel with Obama... and that appears to be good enough for them.
Well said! and probably right on the mark.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
I am getting ill just reading Webo's showering of "affection" for the man.

Obama's a sleazy crook every bit as bad as the rest of them.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I'm not showering any affection on Obama fs... I was merely speculating on the reasons behind his success up to this point.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I agree with Fishslave. Viperman, you said that McCain just wants tax cuts for the rich. I have a question for you. Why should someone with more success than another pay a higher tax rate? That line is getting old. All you libs are about equal rights, but want the rich to foot the bill for everyone else. If we are all equal, shouldn't we all pay the same rate? The rich will still pay more because they are making more. Why should they be punished for their success? Get off that train, it's BS!

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
fishslave said:
I am getting ill just reading Webo's showering of "affection" for the man.

Obama's a sleazy crook every bit as bad as the rest of them.
I have not made my mind up as yet so I will not caucus tomorrow. However, I am predisposed to not vote GOP this time around. FS - I'm very interested in your sleazy crook comment. I am not aware of any illegalities on his record but I don't know much about the man. Can you share the basis of the crook comment?

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
FS - what I found was details of a real estate deal with a guy named Rezko and a complaint to the Justice Dept. There may in fact be merit here, although it does not appear that a Federal Grand Jury has been convened to look into the matter. The rest of the sites that I pulled up rather quickly degenerated into rumor and innuendo with a pretty strong racial/religious overtone. I don't think this rates up there with sleazy crooks like the rest of them, when a lot of the rest of them have been arrested, charged, and convicted. You got anything else? Do you have a dog in this race?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SledgeHammer said:
I agree with Fishslave. Viperman, you said that McCain just wants tax cuts for the rich. I have a question for you. Why should someone with more success than another pay a higher tax rate? That line is getting old. All you libs are about equal rights, but want the rich to foot the bill for everyone else. If we are all equal, shouldn't we all pay the same rate? The rich will still pay more because they are making more. Why should they be punished for their success? Get off that train, it's BS!
Sledge,

I did not say I was against it at all. In fact, I am for it. I am in a very high tax bracket so in no way was I condemning it. I was just using that as an example of some solid measurable things the candidates stand for. Unlike Obama who says a lot of nothing. I am on the right side of the aisle, I support McCain so no sense in trying to flame me and accuse me of being on the left. I pay more than my fair share of taxes and wouldn't mind paying less. I unlike many other righties on here am not getting a rebate. If you are a real republican you would send that welfare rebate check back this spring.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
Eddie,

Why waste the money on a Grand Jury if he isn't nominated yet? There IS enough evidence to go there if he is the nominee.

If that situation is true, you can't honestly believe there isn't other skeletons. He had no idea he would get this far this fast... and I don't think he's had time to bury them all.

Might be better off backing somebody else.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
My apologies Viperman - driving a vette. What's up with that? The vette is better. I raced the Viper at Firebird, the vette's a better, more user friendly car. I won't be getting a welfare check either and don't want one. I would rather see further tax cuts because we are getting gouged by irresponsible politicians

1 - 20 of 119 Posts