Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as the topic shows we should've bought derby tickets, but up until yesterday there was a pretty good chance I was not going to be able to fish this weekend. Well, I ended up getting to go, so The Peddler, my son, and I headed out into MA 13 at the crack of dawn. We launched alone at day island, and after a little snafu with my ground connection had our lines in the water at fox point about 7:30. Trolled this area for a few passes, but found nothing so we worked our way down to Pt. Gibson. Hit the 150 line and got our first fish on, but lost it after a brief battle. Next pass, fish on again, and as we were clearing the lines another rod goes off and we are into a double. Got the first fish into the boat, 26"er, and clear of the net, but lost the second close to the boat. 1 more pass, and another fish on, this one made it to the net 24"er. Turned around and made another pass, and another release, with another keeper coming to the boat 27"er. Done by 11:00! All fish came on the bottom in 140-150' of water trolling a hot spot flasher and purple haze hootchie on one rod and hot spot flasher and coho killer spoon on the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention that we caught our fish today on Quantum's new knuckle buster combos, what a blast those are to fish with! Tup:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good job gents. Now that's some good fishing. Sounds like you had non stop action. Good report too. Never had much luck with coho killers, but now you have given us confidence to try them again. Lars

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Nice, you guys did very well Tup:

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
I was out there and I think I saw you guys. I was in the Olympic hardtop trolling south down towards Pt Gibson also. I C & R'd two 21" fish around 8:00 and I was using a 4" Tomic plug. The winning fish was 11lbs, 2nd was 6lb and some ounces. Nice job!!
Yep, that was us you say first thing this AM DBA. We never saw you again... we were still getting our bugs worked-out after a loooong spell of no fishing. We were welcomed-back into the Puget Sound waters! I might have to give it another go next weekend.

I've never fished in A13 before today. There's a lot of good water down there!

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
Way to go guys! You are right, you should have bought tickets. You would have placed.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Looks like you had a great day. Tup:

If only, you will be saying to yourself tonight. :roll:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bryan, is the tall guy next to you named Trevor?

·
Registered
48 Posts
nice haul!
Have had some of my own experiences like that. :roll:
& have come to believe that a couple real keys to success include: Fish on derby day without a derby ticket. Fish the day before a derby. Fish the day after a derby.
(course gotta add the other more common ones; forget the camera, forget the net, etc) ;)

·
Premium Member
101,632 Posts
Good job Bryan , Matt and crew!!!!

Though I'm sure they bought at Safeway!! wink: Tup:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Live2Fish said:
Bryan, is the tall guy next to you named Trevor?
Nope, thats Matt.

symbiosis said:
nice haul!
Have had some of my own experiences like that. :roll:
& have come to believe that a couple real keys to success include: Fish on derby day without a derby ticket. Fish the day before a derby. Fish the day after a derby.
(course gotta add the other more common ones; forget the camera, forget the net, etc) ;)
Amen to that! We also forgot the camera, but remembered the net!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
Matt actually was able to go fishin! Sweet!!!!!
Yep, and it felt good! It would have been sufficient to spend some time on the water with a couple of friends, but we actually got into some fish too!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts