Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an Ithica Model 37 that I received when I was 16 years old. It's not ejecting properly and I have no idea what could be wrong. Anybody know a gunsmith that does shotgun work, Better yet on the east side, Ellensburg, Yakima, Walla Walla, Spokane......... Open to ideas.

I would like to get this thing back on track so I have a spare for a visitor to use.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I know there used to be a decent gun shop in Yakima kind of south and west of downtown on one of the major east west roads. They had a gunsmith on site. I'm not sure if they are still there or not. There is a good gunsmith in Burlington at Kesselrings, but that is about as far from you as possible. White Elephant in Spokane is a pretty big gun store. I bet they would have info on a good gunsmith in the area.

·
Registered
519 Posts
That’s my favorite shotgun! I don’t know how yours is misbehaving but if I let the mine get a bit dirty and I’m lazy on the pump it will throw out the empty case and the next shell will fall out the bottom without chambering. I end up with an empty chamber and a lost shell. A good cleaning fixes it. Or giving it a Rambo style pump.

If it isn’t pulling out the empty case it probably needs a new extractor. Or maybe a good cleaning.

This link has some good info:

http://www.nrapublications.org/tar/Ithaca37.asp

·
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I've tried cleaning to the best of my ability, it's not "sparkling" but it's pretty darn clean inside. There may be something hungup inside that I cannot see very well? That action is unique with the bottom load and eject, perfect for righty or lefty shooters though.

Thanks for the suggestions too. I'm gonna look into several of them. As far as the MFG. they have changed hands so many times I never thought about asking them. I guess I should send them an Email.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Brock's gunsmith shop. In Spokane on Division 3 blocks North of Indiana. Been there forever.
And there is Rick at Safe Shooting indoor range. He is a Glock Rep and repairs darn near everything else too. You should see his custom, self built varmiter. Pretty classy. I had him rebuilt a Model 66 that was too good to pass up at a gun show.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Mike Nelson in Tacoma does fine work on shotguns.
Wow, that Ithaca brings back some memories!!.........carried one of those in the patrol car years back and used to beat the chit out of me.
I've got a brand new one, never been fired from the early 1960's.................wanna buy a new one??!!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
X5fishinmachine said:
Mike Nelson in Tacoma does fine work on shotguns.
Wow, that Ithaca brings back some memories!!.........carried one of those in the patrol car years back and used to beat the chit out of me.
I've got a brand new one, never been fired from the early 1960's.................wanna buy a new one??!!!!
How much?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts