Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Shadow Lake and hooked at least twenty small largemouth. All on flies and grubs. Did not see any on there beds, too windy. Lots of fun. Anyone out there that lives on Pipe Lake or Lake Lucerne in Kent please email me. I want to fish it in the worst way. Great Lake if you live there. I don't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone with info on this lake, would be greatly appreciated. Was out there recently with only 3 bites and one small perch for 3 hours. Tried trolling for trout, NOTHING! Gentleman said he ahd caught 2 nice smallmouth on the previous day on rapala. Everyone out there the eve. we were there didn't have nay luck either. Heard there is crappie in this lake. How to catch them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fished shadow for about 5 hrs today. picked up my first bass,they were all small,largest about 1.5 lbs. fished for trout for 2 hrs. picked up 6 all 8 to 10 inches. had a great day with my son and grandson.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PICKING UP SOME NICE BASS,15 TO 20 A TRIP.SOME EVEN ONE TO TWO POUNDS.THIS LAKE HAS SOME BIG ONES NEED TO WORK AT THEM.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FISHED LATE AFTERNOON FOR 3 HOURS. BETWEEN THE RAIN SHOWERS PICKED UP A FEW SMALL BASS,BUT IT SURE HAS DROPPED OFF FROM EARLYER IN THE WEEK(FULL MOON AND HIGH PRESSURE) BETTER MAYBY NEXT TIME. PLASTIC WORMS AND CRANKBAIT ARE THE ONES TO USE.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WELL ANOTHER NIGHT ON THE LAKE---NO FISH,BUT THER IS A STORY TO TELL. I DIDNOT GO WITH MY SON & GRANDSON CONNER TONIGHT,BUT HERE IS THE STORY AS TOLD TO ME BY,SON KULLY. SEEMS SOMEONE TRIED TO CATCH A DUCK ON A SMALL SURFACE LURE AND IT GOT BROKEN OF STILL STUCK IN ITS LOWER BILL. MY SON GOT THE DUCK CLOSE TO THE BOAT WITH GRANDSONS LEFT OVER CHIPS-USED THE FISH NET TO CATCH THE DUCK AND REMOVE THE DEADLY CRAGO IT CARRIED STUCK IN ITS MOUTH. STILL A GOOD NIGHT EVEN WITH OUT CATCHING ANY FISH. WHAT DO YOU THINK----

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went hunting for a new lake to floattube yesterday (9-15-2002) and ended up at Shadow Lake after turning up my nose at a few others. Milfoil is a real turnoff. Anywho, the launch ramp area of Shadow Lake is filthy (nice oil sheen on the water, litter) and the waterway leading out to the lake itself isn't really all that much better, but once you get to the lake it's pretty darn nice. Didn't catch anything in the short time I was there, but once I get a better set of fins I'll be heading back to find some of the big trout everyone tells me exist in that lake. Perfect size for floattubing and fairly well sheltered from the wind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to Shadow Lake on Sunday with my dad and the Sarge and his son. My dad caught a small Largemouth Bass on just a worm, and I caught a bigger Largemouth Bass on a Spinnerbait. Nothing else, although this one guy seemed to keep catching bass in a little Dingy. They were small too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THE BASS STILL SEAM TO BE HITING TOP WATER. PICKED UP 10 FISH WITH THE LARGEST ABOUT 1.5 TO 2 POUNDS. THEY WERE ALL CAUTH ON PERCH TOP WATER JUST AT DUSK,NORTH END OF THE LAKE, NO BOWS TONIGHT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hit the little lake a day after they stocked it. Got there around
9am and the fish were jumping everywhere. Switched from bass rod to
trout rod with a red wedding ring tipped with berkley power maggots.
Had my limit in about 10 minutes. Went back to bass fishing and got
nothing. Probably still a little early. Had fun fighting those
planters with light gear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i live on shadow lake so if anyone wants to fish sometime email me but their is no smallies in their even though the above info says there are, their are and abundance of bows large mouth pumpkin seed and perch there is also a few crappie and catfish ive lived there 5 years and caught one catfish it was five pounds but the fishing is like the trout farm i can help anyone out in the area just email me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fished Noon till Dusk, Fun Fishing! Only one other boat on the lake. Limited on Largemouth Bass (largest 11 inches)and kept 9 palm sized Bluegill. Fishing red and white Tube Jigs (1/32oz) dipped in Shrimp Oil and Anise also Nightcrawlers under a Clear Water Filled Bobber, fish holding at the edge of the Lillypads. Plenty of turtles out sunning themselves. (If you forgot to pick up your old Crawfish Trap the last time out, it's still tied to the same log.) (SMILE) "TRAPPER"

·
Registered
785 Posts
Fished Shadow Lake in Maple Valley on Saturday from 11 AM till 6 PM. Partly Cloudy 70 Degree's out.
. Most Folks were doing good trolling for the Triploid Trout (planted.there recently.)
A couple others were doing well, hitting the Perch and Bluegills that are now busy Spawning and very protective of anything getting close to their Nest. We caught 20 Fish on Nightcrawler's under a Bobber, ,Fun times!
" TRAPPER "

1 - 13 of 13 Posts