Fishing Report - Sekiu | Page 2 | Gamefishin.com

Fishing Report Sekiu

Discussion in 'Clallam County' started by Bruce Pearson, Sep 3, 1998.

1. HAD A GOOD WEEKEND AT SEKIU LIMITED THE BOAT ON SATURDAY GOT 5 ON SUNDAY
    LOTS AND LOTS OF NATIVES ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GREAT TRIP!!!
    CDR'S LITTLE LURE WAS A KNOCKOUT
    GOOD TIMES
    GOOD FISHIN

2. bigfish69

bigfish69 Guest

Spent Tues-Sat @ Sekiu had a blast. Weather cooperated & water was as calm as I ever remember there. We caught 13 keepers released prior to Sat. dozens of wild hook nosed coho running from appx. 8lb. to upper teens.
    Had several doubles including one that netted us an 11.45lb. and watched a monster go under the boat, recovered only to break off on the kicker, then watched him swim around the boat for a couple of minutes with my flasher & lure hanging out of his mouth. Talk about heart break it even got close enough to make a swipe @ it with the net. No luck & down it went.
    We fished only flashers and lures. Lures included new Brads Super cut plug in lemon lime & seahawk, both worked really well, hoochies in purple haze & UV white. coho killers silver/green & cop car, & last but not least ace hi flies in all colors as ;ong as they had green. Fished 40' @ 1st light & down as deep as 85' caught at all depths.
    Also caught 4 humbolt squid on Wed. what a pain & ugly to boot. Some people were cleaning & keeping theirs but we don't like calamari that much.
    I sure hope these coho make into the sound cause we're having a great year.

3. J master

J master Guest

fished fresh water bay on sater day with my budy from 6:00 till 8:30 and we both got limits on kings. i was using a green dodger with a coho killer just halth to work through thoughs 10 12 pounders to get the big ones. good luck guys

4. doubled

doubled Guest

Fished sekiu all weekend limited every day fri sat sun mond.
    Used hole hearing 45 pulls off the back and blue and white hutchy 45 ft down off down rigger. Fished any time of day 190ft to 650ft of water.

5. Fished Sekiu Sat. and Sun. Used cut plug hearing and flasher 45 to 80ft on down rigger. Started fishing at first light, Lots of shakers but got limits of coho before 10:00 AM fishing out off the Bell in 650 ft of water.

6. Thunder Stick

Thunder Stick New Member

Fish on! Coho are running at Sekui, four of us on the boat an we all got our limits. 7 coho an 1 black mouth. Nothin doin with the Sockeye.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
Search tags for this page
clallum bay fishing

fishing report sekiu

fishing reports sekiu
fishing silvers at sekiu
is there a fishing derby at sekiu this weekend
kydaka point fishing
sekiu fishing report
sekiu halibut locations
sekiu rockfish
sekiu rockfish holes