Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that we all know what seagulls do best. I recently purchased a vehicle there, which turned into a bad nightmare.
Once you are out the door you are no longer a customer.
The said vehicle was bought on Saturday, Monday I took it to the service department and complained about lousy gas mileage. I was told that's what they get! I then complained to the owner Chris, who said that's not right. He in turn told
his son Nick to fix me up. I got fixed up and screwed out of $2000.00 dollars. They said they would take my vehicle back
but not at what I paid for it. (2 days later) I told them I was interested in the other vehicle I had been looking at, but behold that vehicle was now 50.00 more dollars a month now.
This is a long story, and what I am trying to say is think long and hard before dealing with SEAVIEW CHEVROLET. You might get screwed as well. I am willing to tell the rest of the story, but right now I am ready to puke over the bad service I received, and the money lost. I know buyer beware. Tdown: Tdown:

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
isnt there a 72 hour "cool down" period so if you change your mind you can return the vehicle?i uderstand what your'e saying about mpg, especially the way gas prices are. diesel where i'm at is up to 4.20 in some spots.........this recession (depression) we're heading for is gonna be a doozey. sick: sick: sick:

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
eggster said:
isnt there a 72 hour "cool down" period so if you change your mind you can return the vehicle?
No. Only on goods sold to you in your place of residence...

I've been having a nightmare experience with "Friendly Chevrolet"...

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Soory to hear that FF. I once had a bad experience likewise, I traded in my car that was loaded, DVD player, subwoofers, GPS, all aftermarket add ons from myself. I told the dealer I wanted all the aftermarket electronics and it wasn't part of the trade in value. I was told to give them three days and come back after they uninstalled everything and put it through the detail shop. Well I returned to get my stuff and they sent my car with everything in it away (sold) I asked to get either the value or replacement for all my stuff.. no chance, the salesman refused to admit to the manager we had even discussed it. I was out of luck.. should have got it in writing...bottom line i feel your pain. I got my revenge in the end as I have steered more than 10 people now away from that place, and done my best to slander that *bleepin* manager and saleman names about, :evil:

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
What is it about Chevy dealerships?

I had a nightmare experience with Chuck Olson Chevrolet... who just so happens to be the uncle of the owner of Seaview Chevrolet about 15 years ago. Haven't set foot in that place since! Tdown:

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Webo said:
What is it about Chevy dealerships?

I had a nightmare experience with Chuck Olson Chevrolet... who just so happens to be the uncle of the owner of Seaview Chevrolet about 15 years ago. Haven't set foot in that place since! Tdown:
Everett Chevrolet is also one of these scandilas places, I will never go there to buy anything again, I have even seen a guy who drives his Chevy with a sign saying "Everett Chevrolet will steel your money" or something about that, someone should write a letter to chevy saying how bad they are being represented

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
last September I got a new truck (1500) FROM Baydo Chevrolet in Makinna (????on spelling of that place) I was very happy there. I met up with someone from this site who works there as a dealer and I'm glad I did. The service dept is great as well. The only thing is I live in Auburn and is one heck of a drive. I probably will go to Auburn Chev for waranty stuff and Baydo for the oil changes since I have them for a lifetime. but I was very happy there and who I had to dealt with. I'll let him post a reply to give himself up Tup: Tup:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Its "McKenna". :D

These issues aren't just limited to the Chevy dealerships. I had an engine code come up in my 2005 Dodge Ram and I took it in. The problem was corrected by doing a transmission service but the mechanic did not replace the 3.5 quarts of fluid that was lost during the filter change. So when I got the truck back it wasn't shifting right when cold, it would die when approaching a stop sign, stop light, etc. and it felt like the tranny wasn't disengaging from the engine. I took it in 3 times and left it overnight twice so it would be cold and begged them to drive it so see the problem. I even offered to be there first thing in the morning to demonstrate the problem. Everytime I was told there was nothing wrong. I finally checked the fluid one day only to discover the low fluid, replaced the fluid and have not had a problem since. The truck was there 4 times total and not once did they actually check the fluid but would plug it into the computer only to find nothing. I do all my own fluid changes now or I double check the work.

Wife has a Dodge Intrepid and we had a new transmission installed last summer by a transmission shop. During the install I think they broke a wire on an O2 sensor as we got a code shorty after getting the car back. I pulled the code with a code reader and the code referred to "bank 1". I wasn't sure about this so while I was at the Dodge dealer getting a new sensor I asked the technician which side of the engine was bank 1. He told me that it was drivers side. So I changed the sensor on drivers side but it did not solve the problem. I took the car into Dodge and of course it turns out that bank 1 is the passenger side, not drivers, so I had to buy another sensor and pay for the diagnostic fee. I ended up spending $300 to correct a $100 problem but what really PO'd me is that the technician doesn't know which side cylinder 1 is on in a Dodge V6 which are in every vehicle they make.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Loctite said:
last September I got a new truck (1500) FROM Baydo Chevrolet in Makinna (????on spelling of that place) I was very happy there. I met up with someone from this site who works there as a dealer and I'm glad I did. The service dept is great as well. The only thing is I live in Auburn and is one heck of a drive. I probably will go to Auburn Chev for waranty stuff and Baydo for the oil changes since I have them for a lifetime. but I was very happy there and who I had to dealt with. I'll let him post a reply to give himself up Tup: Tup:
I too have received excellent service at Baydo. I used to drive there from Federal Way for service. I'm in Olympia now, a little closer, but it's still almost a 40 minute drive. Well worth it.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Baydos is a great place to buy. Tup:

Hey Vic, I drove the Sears van in there today and seen you, but you were busy doing what you do best. ;)

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Sorry to hear about your frustrations..

was is a new Vehicle? becasue on New I think there is a 3 day window to back out of the deal.

I guess w/o the whole story, its hard to know exactly what happened between the owner saying to "fix him up" and losing $2k. Sounds like they were going to try and rectify things, then they must have gone south somewhere.

Ive dealt with Rotters GMC in olympia, and they treated me good on both my trade and getting a great price on my truck. Maybe its a coincidence that the sales Manager was also a Baydo.. I cant remember his first name... Matt maybe? But hes related to the other Baydo's.. In 20 years when My Duramax wears out, I'll go buy another one from them :cool:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Oly, you will have to replace the body pieces of that truck before you have to do anything to the drive train. :lol:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
High pressure worthless POS. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Even trying to just leave those POS were running after me willing to do anything for my business. Thank god I didn't let myself get roped into buying anything from them. I'll never set foot there again. Another one that's almost as worthless is Curt Warner in Vancouver. I bought my truck there and kick myself for doing it. I should have just gone to the local guy and had them do a dealer trade or order one. (Warner was the only one in WA, OR, and ID that had the truck spec'd out the way I wanted it.) I couldn't count the number of times they said one thing and wrote down something else. Both of them can ESAD IMO.

Since I ragged I may as well rave too. The best dealership I've ever done business with is South Tacoma Jeep. The one that's there now is not the same. The guys that used to have it are in Enumclaw now doing the Jeep and Dodge thing. Anyway I bought two Jeeps from them when they were in Tacoma and wouldn't hesitate to buy there again. I haven't been to their new place but my brother bought his Jeep there and was very happy with his dealings. A first class operation in my book. The other dealership I had a great experience with was Lynnwood Honda. Thumbs up to those guys too.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
You should have stopped in Clay. I've always got time for you.
BTW, another happy Baydos customer bustin bugs and burnin gas. :D

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Seaview is a joke. I had a bad U-joint that was squeeking and they told me it was an innocent slip yoke squeek.....that cost me $600 for a new drive line after the U-joint gave up the ghost.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have a auto wholesaler as a client. If your looking for a good deal and cut down on the BS PM me, I'll hook you up. My daughter and her hsuband just purchased a 2007 Explorer Lmtd V8, loaded and only 9,000 miles. He has been in the business for 20+ years and knows his stuff. At least if you get a lemon you can trade out. ALthough I have yet to refer anyone to him who hasn't raved about his service and expertise. Most of the used autos on the lot are purchased through the auction, if they stay on a dealer lot to long they get auctioned again.

Marti

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
I thing the biggest known ripoffs are CARSON CARS in lynnwood. I bought a 3 year old loaded Exlporer off them in 2001 only to have the tranny start slipping 3 days after I drove it off lot. Took it to a tranny shop and they said the fluid appeared to be doctored. I took there invoice of 2500.00 for possible repair with statement of there findings to Todd the son at Carson Cars. He said that the prior owner must have doctored it and there were not responsible. I said in good faith they might want to pay for part of repair. He said no way. He called later and said his Tranny shop would give me a deal and repair for only 3200.00 I asked how being 700.00 more is a deal. He said they use better trannys. YA I BET!

I ended up hurting my credit as I dropped the Explorer off at there store and told them where to go. The bank (Fireside) sued me and won. I had to pay 8000.00 for a car I did not have as after they auctioned it for 4600.00 and legal fees I was screwed.

Never again! I have seen there complaints on the BBB forum. Most in WA for used car lot.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Trust me this kind of poor service is not just limited to Chevy dealers. I had a horrible experience much like your's with the Dodge dealer in Enumclaw (they are under new management now so I don't know what they are like now) but in 03' they SUCKED!!
On the other end I have had OUTSTANDING customer service and vehicle servicing with both Fugate Ford and Art Gamblin Chev. In fact when I bought my 90' Cheyenne it had an electrical problem that no other Chevy dealership (or any other mechanic I took it too could figure out!) Took it to Gamblin and they found the problem (a short in the computer ground) fixed it and sent me out the door NO CHARGE!! I had spent hundreds (maybe even a thousand) at other places just to have them look at the thing! I owe those guys BIG TIME!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts