Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NICE! just as good as Faneca and a lot cheaper! Pro Bowler in 05 and 06 and a 10 year Vet. What a great pick up!

seahawks have the management to compete every year if they stay in tact

·
Registered
613 Posts
viperman said:
you'll stop hearing about the loss of Hutch if Alexander gets his yards next year.
Not true... Alexander is horrid. He will sit the bench after the rookie we draft doesn't fall to his knees when hes about to take a hit.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
epidemic said:
viperman said:
you'll stop hearing about the loss of Hutch if Alexander gets his yards next year.
Not true... Alexander is horrid. He will sit the bench after the rookie we draft doesn't fall to his knees when hes about to take a hit.
I think Jonathon Stewart can be this years Adrian Peterson. Obviously he probably wont rush for 1000 in the first 8 games, or set an NFL Record. But I think he is capable of a 1100 to 1200 yard season. He has a body built to be in the NFL and hopefully his stock doesnt rise too much. He weighs friggen 230 and still runs in the low to mid 4.5's

I say trade your top 2 draft picks and a young talent to get McFadden, that guy will be a star if he stays out of trouble. If he falls to fourth I think the Hawks could get the Raiders to trade it if they wanted. 6 1 and 220 with great hands, speed and quickness. Doesn't fumble much either. Looks like he can be similiar to a Marshall Faulk

Fortunately the Seahawks management is very good at finding talents, and I believe they could find a gem in the 3rd and 4th round, thus still having a stellar draft

They most likely wont trade for McFadden but wouldnt that be awesome! to know we were set for the next 7-10 years

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Mike Wahle is an excellent pick up. 6'6", 305 lbs. :eek: He will bring some ferocity and intimidation to the line again.

I think its time to get a back in the draft to do things like Kevin Faulk does for the Patriots. One that can run and catch and block. A real team player. They might want to think about adding a rookie QB in the draft as well to take over for Hasslebeck someday. IMO, Wallace, or Frye are just backups for life.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Red Neckersom said:
IMO, Wallace, or Frye are just backups for life.
couldnt agree more Red. Wallace is one of the top 3-4 backups in the league and Frye is by far the best third stringer in the NFL. I figure they both would have more turnovers than touchdowns as starters tho.

wallace also happens to be one of the top 10 recievers IMHO also :mrgreen: sad thing is i am serious!

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
I think any RB the Hawks pick up this late in the draft will be a sleeper. Maybe they'll pass on an RB in the first round for a good TE, then draft someone like Kevin Smith in the second round. After all he was the nations leading rusher with over 2500 yards in his junior year

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DBAppraiser said:
IF he is there the Hawks will take the TE out of USC with their first pick and he will be a stud. They can get a RB in the later rounds no problem.
very true. this draft is full of very good running backs...its a good year to realize shaun isnt the man anymore!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If you have a great offensive line it doesn't really matter who you put back there. Look at the bronco's for years took guys in the 6th round or free agents and made them stars.Terrel Davis ( 6th round) Mike Anderson (6th round) Hell the hog's of the 80's even made John Riggins look great. You know you have a good line when it is 3rd and 3 and the defense thinks your going to run.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Great move and just what I expected. They picked up someone who is'nt in the top dollar bracket but yet should still be an upgrade. Bonus that he is from the area and probably wanted to come out here anyway. I also like that they made this move so early before the market starts to get rolling and becomes way overpriced with all the extra cap money that many teams have this year. Tup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts