Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the seahawks management the greatest or what!? They knew they had a big need and they go out and get the best of the best. not settling for second tier players like the mariners and sonics are known to do.

anyways, this was read from KFFL(news and notes for Crumpler's player page on yahoo sports)

Feb 29 Darryl Ledbetter, of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports the Seattle Seahawks are close to signing free-agent TE Alge Crumpler (Falcons), according to Crumpler's agent, James Williams. Williams said he hopes to have a deal completed over the weekend.

What a sweet pick up if it turns out. I think Jevon Kearse would be an awesome add as well. He comes cheap as he has been injured recently. He could be just like Peterson, an amazing pick up if seahawks take the risk.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
They are going to need him, since they are losing D.J. Hackett.
Nice pick up for sure, he will be one of the best tight ends they have ever had for sure, if not the best. He will make some huge plays.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Ya, I hear ya DB and who is going to be the rookie kickers, rookie longsnapper. OH BOY!!

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I gotta do Ice's work for him, I guess. ESPN is reporting that the SF 49ers have reached an agreement with 75 year old WR Isaac Bruce, 2 year contract for 6 mill.

Also Josh Brown is going to sign with the St Louis Rams so he won't be seeing the playoffs for quite some time.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Seahawks made a horrilble move not re-signing Josh Brown! They lost him over 450grand! Nothing in the grand scheme of things. When we need that 52 yarder kicked next year to win a game my guess would be they will wish they spent what amounts to pocket change.

As far a SA goes...... WHAT A TURD!! He is refusing to restructure his contract . What a team player! He would not lose any money just not get paid so much next season and have the difference spread out over the next couple of years. I hope Morris shines and they bench his non catching lazy ass!!

Now on to Kearse. Great player when he can remain healthy. Does he have the wheels and lateral speed to play with our guys?? I highly doubt it. But who knows if he is cheap whats to lose.

There are alot of Restricted Free Agents out there this year as well. Might not be a bad idea to through some offer sheets around.
There is a certain RB in Dallas thats gonna be in the market!!!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I personally think Alexander does have one really good year left for this year. I know I'm crazy, but I'll pull this quote out of the archives after his 20th touchdown of the regular season. :lol:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
I gotta do Ice's work for him, I guess. ESPN is reporting that the SF 49ers have reached an agreement with 75 year old WR Isaac Bruce, 2 year contract for 6 mill.

Also Josh Brown is going to sign with the St Louis Rams so he won't be seeing the playoffs for quite some time.
Sorry man, flu ridden house and I am taking care of them all and working. Kinda off my game. I do like the signing of Bruce. Yes he is a 15 year vet. But still on top of his game based on his stats. And heck, hes better then what they have now wink:

They also signed a decent second string RB from Carolina and a washed up KR. Not a great opening day like last year.

Oh and I will start the SA bashing as soon as he sucks in the first game this year clown: clown:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Sounds like Seattle is going to lose a lot of players that are badly needed back on the team. Just to name a few that are gone for sure.

Josh Brown, signed with the Rams

Kevin Bentley, wants more money

Niko Koutivedes, wants more money

D.J. Hackett wants more money

Those are some big name guys that are really going to hurt when gone and there will be more, but in retrospect. I sure am glad we get to keep Alexander and let all these guys go. Tdown:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I don't know how bad losing Josh Brown will hurt. Kickers are one area where a young guy can come right in and succeed but we will have to wait and see. $400,000+ isn't a lot of money in the grand scheme of things BUT one thing to remember, in the NFL one contract sets the bar for the other contracts to follow. One of the reasons that Marcus Trufant is asking for so much money is because SF gave Nate Clemens a boat load last year and now Asante Samual has signed for $10 million a year. As for Bentley and Koudavides (sp) these guys are primarily special teams players and can be replaced. Hackett wants starter money but hasn't been a consistent starter yet. This year was his 1st as a starter and he got hurt, missing most of the year. Every year tough decisions are made, just look at the Patriots letting Samuel and Randy Moss leave. When guys don't want to give a discount to stay with a winner what are you going to do?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
All this cap stuff makes the Hawks run of success the last 5 years something fans here should be proud of.. Stars and Scrubs !! Pay a few key pieces and try to fill in around them.. I hope things work out for them for Holmgren's last year!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
"Every year tough decisions are made, just look at the Patriots letting Samuel and Randy Moss leave. When guys don't want to give a discount to stay with a winner what are you going to do?"

Moss took a $7 million dollar paycut to sign with the Patriots and he has not left yet.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
dmack said:
All this cap stuff makes the Hawks run of success the last 5 years something fans here should be proud of.. Stars and Scrubs !! Pay a few key pieces and try to fill in around them.. I hope things work out for them for Holmgren's last year!!
I agree! I do think loosing the kicker was bad. But heck, Anderson is still available for his like 24th year wink:

Iceshark is team captain of the Mora is the future fan club. Recruiting members now! Tup:

·
Registered
790 Posts
The Crumpler dael seemed to be all good as of Thursday, but I think the Hawks did'nt quite put up the $$'s and years that Alge and his agent were looking for. The stories from his camp seemed to back track all the sudden from Thursady to Friday. We'll see - I do think Alge would like to come here, as he reportedly called our own Jim Mora right after he was released from the Bucs, and later set an appointment to come up here of his own will - not the Hawks asking. It may yet happen but it's obvious we did'nt do enough for him to sign up, and it is'nt near a done deal.

Our free agents. Well for starters I do think losing Josh Brown will be tough. Yes you can replace kickers somewhat easily but the one thing that's not easy to find in regards to kickers is one that can make long feild goals regularly, and that is what made Brown so good IMO - if we were looking at a 48 - 55 yard field goal then he was brought out to kick without question every time, the Hawks came to count on that. Many teams wish they had that kind of luxury beleive me. Also I think it has the potential to set a bad precedent for kickers in general for the Hawks - supposedly we offered to make him the highest payed kicker in the NFL(qouting 950 KJR) and he still choose to move on, with the main reason of rumor to be that the wet and windy weather/climate in Seattle was very tough to kick in. Yeah you can call him a puss and all, but I bet there is a lot of truth to what he says - think about how hard it is to hit homers next door at Safeco and why? "They" say it's because of the heavy marine air and wind coming off the sound. He could go to a dome and become a ridiculously good kicker - especially in regards to long feild goals. I really hope he lands in KC and not the Rams.

Hackett? Well he definately wants too much money from anyone - and it's probably why his name was'nt mentioned in any talks at all during the first day of free agency. I do beleive that if healthy he is an almost perfect fit for Hasselback who IMO loves to throw down the middle of the field, and definately likes REC's and TE's with hieght. Problem is the dude has proven one thing - that he's made of glass, and that just does'nt cut the cake in the NFL. He and his agent will get less than they had planned on heading into free agency for sure - sources say he is looking for around 5 mil a year.

Mr. Alexander. The Hawks giant open sore, they know he is'nt worth a dime in this league anymore, but they paid him the mega bucks and would have to admit a gargantuan gaff with one of Seattles EX most cherished players if they cut him. I say it's an almost certainty that he will be released after June 1(better cap deal then) - why? Well first and foremost they know darn well he can't(or does'nt have the heart to)play well anymore - most especially for the dough he would be making. I think the proof is in the details - if they were going to keep him then they would have allready coerced him into a pay cut/contract restructuring, especially since they could really use the money for FA's. No they are biding thier time to bite the bullet and give him the boot after June 1st and just be done with the chump. Besides whether they get a RB in the first round or not, they will gat a RB that can at the very least put up numbers that Alexander would this season - so why pay the heartless over the hill vet big bucks when you can match or better his production from a draft pick? Nope he's gone and we'll get an RB that has better speed and can catch the ball well out of the backfield!

Last but not least Mr. Trufant. Ho boy I think this could get somewhat ugly. I really think that Trufant(or his agent) will only sign something if it has ridiculously huge dollar numbers on it. Just from alot of the things he said even some weeks ago - he seems to be ALL about the show me the money(and therefore respect??) deal. I really really think the Hawks are in the right here, before last year the guy was not what anyone would consider an elite corner. Then one good year against some piss poor quarterbacks almost throughout the entire season, and aided by a much improved pass rush and better safety play/help - alot of his picks were desperation throws by lame QB's that were thrown right to him and not the reciever. Yes he is a good cornerback without doubt, but no part of me thinks he is an elite cornerback - the guy has given up waaay too many 3rd down conversions in his carreer, not to mention he plays so far back off the line of scrimmage that he regularly concedes 8 - 12 yard passes all day especially in the years before last. One good year should'nt equal a crazy dollar contract for many years.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would really like to see the Hawks get Crumpler. I was just watching some video of him on
NFL network. What a beast.

I really hate to see Josh Brown go. As a fan that was a soccer player in HS, I probably liked
him more than the true "former football player" type fan, but still... The guy was very intense
in a good way for a kicker. He could actually tackle. He craved those big game winning
kicks. I felt confident with him. I thought he would be a Seahawk for a much longer time.
I wonder if he had some problems with Holmie or something. I thought he would stay.

Hackett was reliable. I hated to loose him too. I hope Branch can get healthy and stay that
way next year. We still have Burelson as far as I know. Obamamu played well at times last
year. Add Crumpler and we would probably still have a very good receiver core.

My prediction is that SA will be wearing a Seahawk jersey and starting the first regular season
game next fall. Holmgren is still the coach. All of you that love Holmgren, better get used
to more SA. I hope we draft a fast, big, tough, Maroni or Barber type.

I agree with Poth that paying Trufant a big price might be a mistake, but I want to be wrong
because I like the guy a lot. That might be a WSU bias.

When do tickets go on sale?

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
JoJoDancer said:
Iceshark said:
[

Iceshark is team captain of the Mora is the future fan club. Recruiting members now! Tup:
I will remeber this for a later date when you call for Mora's head!! LOL
wink:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think I would rather go young and draft a tight end, even though Crumpler is good he is 30 and look what happen to Alexander when he turned 30. There are some good TE in the draft.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts