Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be up in Ketchikan and Juneau in about two weeks and was wondering if there were any streams around there that would be worth fishing for steelhead (or any other gamefish for that matter :) )

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
winter kings in ketchikan and juneaue, i now in ketchikan there some pretty good stellie rivers. go up to the locals and youl probably find some good info.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
SE Alaska steelhead is more of an April/May and Sept. type of thing.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Ab...while lurking on here I read a few posts from Ibgrizz. I think he lives in Ketchikan, and even offered to take gf's out if they wanted to fly up there this last fall. That was a purdy cool offer. I bet if you tried to pm him, and he was watching...he would point you in the right direction. Might be a long shot cause I have not seen a post from him in a while...but you never know.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was stationed in Ketch for two years, loved it, and used to go out to the Naha River. It's about 12 miles from Knudson Cove, if you know the area. You hike in from the head of Naha Bay and it's about 6 miles to the lake. Kinda remote and you need a boat to get there, but it was incredible. Great steelie fishing. My disclaimer is that this was back in '89-'91. There are some great holes, or used to be anyway, above the public library, on Ketchikan creek. Right in town, but they were there. As mentioned above, ask around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts