Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can swap booms from a 1085 manual to a 1099 electric? Are there any modifications needed ? I'm cosidering buying a 1099 but need the extra length, I already have a 1085 thought about the swap if possible.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Iamsure someone will chime in, but if i remember correctly the I THINK that the booms on the manual ones are a smaller diameter then the electrics, but if it is the same no modifications are needed.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Even though the boom diameters are different between the 1099 and 1085 (post-2000) model Scotty's, the plastic/nylon male end on both booms are symetrically identical. Just remove the set-screw, swap, and install the set screw back. You could even put the telescoping booms from an 1106 on your 1099 if you wanted. Again, assuming your swap is between post-2000 Scotty's. Some Scotty dealers sell the telescoping boom assembly loose for about 90 bucks to upgrade fixed-boom downriggers.

·
Banned
1,061 Posts
Yep, what JD said.
Pre-2000 boom diamter is 1 inch, post 2000is 1 1/4 inch.
You can buy the upgrades for both boom diameters.
Cheers!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have just replaced a 24'' boom on my Scotty electric with a telescopic one, bought at Outdoor Emporium, about $84. Diameters are different, but each boom comes with a plastic adapter which fits all Scotty electrics.

Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts